Can't see properties for Ax control on userform
Author Message
 Can't see properties for Ax control on userform

I've got an ActiveX component that I can put on a VB form
and run fine with. When I try putting it in a VBA form, it
is drawn fine but if I try to view the properties, I get
the following:

Object library invalid or contains references to object
definitions that could not be found.

I can see everything in the VBA Object Browser for the
component, so how do I get VBA to help me figure out what
it needs?

The component has the tab control (TABCTL32) and the
calendar control (MSCAL) in it so I tried adding them as
components in my VBA, to no avail.

DO ActiveX components need to be built a particular way
for their use in VBA/Word?

regards,
slr

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:56:58 GMT
 Can't see properties for Ax control on userform
Applications are more forgiving of errors in the component
than Word is, apparently. After looking at the IDL for the
component (using the OLE Viewer with MS Studio), I saw a
UDT definition that was only used for internal logic had
been flagged as not being found. Making the UDT definition
private eliminated the "missing reference" and allowed
Word to use the component.

Quote:

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:04:28 GMT

1. 'Canned' data in VB program

2. AX Control's Absolute Location in Access Form

3. Control Source syntax in Userform properties

4. Debug.Print Properties of Controls in Userforms

5. Get a control's property from control's hWnd, KB Q137093

6. Axes property in Excel

7. VB6 Text property of UserControl does not work with UpDown Control's buddy property

8. Looking 4 Canned Control

9. >AX DLL's<

10. >AX DLL's<

11. >AX DLL's<