Recordset error Access2000 ADODB
Author Message
 Recordset error Access2000 ADODB

Please help!!!  Very Frustrating!

I am attempting to write some code to perform some transactions on
some data.
I have been using Balter's mastering access2000 for some help.

I have two systems and get errors only on my desktop from the
following code (chap 12)

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
    Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset

    rst.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection
    rst.CursorType = adOpenKeyset
    rst.LockType = adLockOptimistic
    rst.Open "Select * from tblClients", Options:=adCmdText
    Set Me.Recordset = rst
End Sub

I receive error 7965 , the object you entered is not a valid recordset
property when the

Set Me.recordset = rst line executes on the desktop, but works fine on
the laptop.

Laptop = Win2000;  DEsktop = WinME  should be no other major
differences

references on both systems are set to...
Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft ActiveX data objects 2.1 Library

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:34:22 GMT

1. How to use adodb.recordset object in access2000?

2. ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset question

3. ADODB.Connection.Execute VS ADODB.Recordset.Update

4. Creating adodb.record from Adodb.recordset

5. ADODB.connection & ADODB.Recordset

6. Function to return ADODB.recordset: runtime error 13

7. ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

8. VBS ADODB.Recordset Error: 800A0CC1

9. Wierd Errors??? ADODB.Recordset

10. ADODB Recordset Error

11. VB6 ADODB.Recordset.Field = NULL Error

12. ADODB.recordset error in VBScript and ASP