Compressing from Access 97
Author Message
 Compressing from Access 97

I am particularly interested in solutions that use free libraries like zlib
(ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/infozip/zlib/index.html) or other. I guess
one could use command line approach, but I would really like to do it by
direct calls.

So, if anyone has a word of wisdom (or even better a step by step,
idiot-proof instructions ;) ) I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Goran G

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Compressing from Access 97

Quote:

>I am particularly interested in solutions that use free libraries like zlib
>(ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/infozip/zlib/index.html) or other.

The problem, for me anyhow, was that zlib didn't support spanning of
media, ie multiple diskettes.  See the list of compression utilitys as
available on my website for some alternatives.

Tony
----
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
   VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or
thousands of volunteers for special events.

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97: VBA-DAO-Access 97 synchronization problem?

2. Accessing owner of distribution lists and access rights of public folders in Access 97

3. convert Access 2 in Access 95 and Access 97

4. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

5. vba code to copy table from access 97 to excel 97

6. Help Needed - Passing Value from Access 97 to Word 97 Macro

7. Automation Problem with Access 97/Excel 97

8. Urgent : Exporting Access 97 data to Excel 97

9. Access 97 create a Word 97 letter

10. Sending and manipulating data from Access 97 to Excel 97

11. Outlook 97/98(tasks)--> Access (97)

12. Excell 97 to access 97