Creating search engine from MDB
Author Message
 Creating search engine from MDB

I am trying to build a database search engine in which I
will like to be able to search words in different
locations of the sentence. For Instance, I have the Title,
Comments and Link fields which I have concatenated into
one field called SearchBox. Now, let say that the Title
field contains a value of "Accounting" and the Comments
field contains a value of "Accounting billing periods for
2003." I will like to be abled to search for accounting in
both fields (Title and Comments). In other words I will
like to pull information from both fields at the same time
and be able to come up with a result for my search. here
is the SQL I am using:

SELECT [SearchBox], [Title], [Comments]
FROM qrySearch_Filtered
UNION SELECT [SearchBox], [Title], [Comments]
FROM qrySearch_Filtered;

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:05:29 GMT
 Creating search engine from MDB
Why can't you use something like the SQL below?

Parameters [Search For] Text;
SELECT Title, Comments
FROM TableName
WHERE Title Like "*" & [Search For] & "*" OR
Comments Like "*" & [Search For] & "*"

Quote:

> I am trying to build a database search engine in which I
> will like to be able to search words in different
> locations of the sentence. For Instance, I have the Title,
> Comments and Link fields which I have concatenated into
> one field called SearchBox. Now, let say that the Title
> field contains a value of "Accounting" and the Comments
> field contains a value of "Accounting billing periods for
> 2003." I will like to be abled to search for accounting in
> both fields (Title and Comments). In other words I will
> like to pull information from both fields at the same time
> and be able to come up with a result for my search. here
> is the SQL I am using:

> SELECT [SearchBox], [Title], [Comments]
> FROM qrySearch_Filtered
> UNION SELECT [SearchBox], [Title], [Comments]
> FROM qrySearch_Filtered;

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:08:48 GMT

1. creating search engines

2. Creating alarms to search .mdb date fields

3. Creating alarms to search .mdb date fields

4. Creating alarms to search .mdb date fields

5. Tab to search field on search engines

6. Search Multiple Commercial Search Engines

7. Microsoft Jet Database Engine Cannot Open The File.......(access)mdb

8. Jet Engine- Stored procedures in MDB reporting

9. Microsoft Jet Database Engine Cannot Open The File.......(access)mdb

10. Search Engine in a table

11. Simple search engine

12. ==Search Engine that PAYS YOU==