Autonumber and Pocket PC
Author Message
 Autonumber and Pocket PC

I  have an access database that has lots of autonumber fileds on its tables.

When I transfer the database to the pocket pc it converts the autonumbers to
integers and then won't sync when I add a record via VB.

Anyone know how I can overcome this?

Thanks in advance

Brian

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:29:20 GMT
 Autonumber and Pocket PC
Well, I think the design of the parent database may have to be changed.
Basically an autonumber is a database engine generated thing that IS NOT
editable.  So, when you put a value in the db on the pocket pc the parent
won't accept it.

Key is to not have the autonumber fields.  I wonder why the autonumber
fields are needed.

Lancer

Quote:
> I  have an access database that has lots of autonumber fileds on its
tables.

> When I transfer the database to the pocket pc it converts the autonumbers
> integers and then won't sync when I add a record via VB.

> Anyone know how I can overcome this?

> Thanks in advance

> Brian

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 05:33:48 GMT
 Autonumber and Pocket PC
The application was originally built by someone else and I took it on.  The
problem is that it is installed and running in 7 companies

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Quote:
> Well, I think the design of the parent database may have to be changed.
> Basically an autonumber is a database engine generated thing that IS NOT
> editable.  So, when you put a value in the db on the pocket pc the parent
> won't accept it.

> Key is to not have the autonumber fields.  I wonder why the autonumber
> fields are needed.

> Lancer

> > I  have an access database that has lots of autonumber fileds on its
> tables.

> > When I transfer the database to the pocket pc it converts the
autonumbers
> > integers and then won't sync when I add a record via VB.

> > Anyone know how I can overcome this?

> > Thanks in advance

> > Brian

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:21:33 GMT

1. pocket pc transfer file to another pocket pc

2. Newbie : Pocket PC/Handheld PC/Palm PC

3. Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC

4. Diff between Pocket PC OS / Handled PC OS/ Embedded NT OS

5. How to connect PC by Pocket PC

6. Synchronizing .cdb on Pocket PC to .mdb on Desktop PC

7. database from pocket pc to desktop pc

8. Transfer files from PC to pocket pc

9. Pocket PC

10. Pocket PC and Outlook

11. Pocket PC graphics: System.NotSupportedException

12. Pocket PC Video Live Streaming