Running macro in Excel, using Access
Author Message
 Running macro in Excel, using Access

Hello, I've tried to search through all questions and answers here, but I
just can't seem to find the answer to my question, so I hope there is
someone that has a simple solution for me.

I'm going to import data from Excel to Access97. The data I'm going to
import is the result of a lot of calculation that I want to do with the help
from a macro in Excel.
Now, what I want to do is to simply run the macro in Excel, using a function
(or macro) in Access. I want to run everything from Access, but I think the
calculation is a job for Excel, therefore I want to use the macro in Excel.

 I tried to look at Q153748 (How to call Excel functions from within
Microsoft Access), but that part didn't do it for me.
Can anyone please give me a hint?

Magnus

Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Running macro in Excel, using Access
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q167/2/23.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/LNP126.asp

Try downloading AUTO97.exe

Moiz

|Hello, I've tried to search through all questions and answers here, but I
|just can't seem to find the answer to my question, so I hope there is
|someone that has a simple solution for me.
|
|I'm going to import data from Excel to Access97. The data I'm going to
|import is the result of a lot of calculation that I want to do with the
help
|from a macro in Excel.
|Now, what I want to do is to simply run the macro in Excel, using a
function
|(or macro) in Access. I want to run everything from Access, but I think the
|calculation is a job for Excel, therefore I want to use the macro in Excel.
|
| I tried to look at Q153748 (How to call Excel functions from within
|Microsoft Access), but that part didn't do it for me.
|Can anyone please give me a hint?
|
|Magnus

Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Running macro in Excel, using Access
Hallo Magnus,

select a reference to excel8.0 Library
and then:

Dim xxl As Excel.Application

Set xxl = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
ChDir "c:\gr"
xxl.Workbooks.Open "c:\gr\xlsDatei2.xls"
xxl.Run "Macroname", s, m, l, xl

Guenther

http://www.ostfrieslandweb.de/ ACCESS-Beispiele

Magnus Persson schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:
>Hello, I've tried to search through all questions and answers here, but I
>just can't seem to find the answer to my question, so I hope there is
>someone that has a simple solution for me.

>I'm going to import data from Excel to Access97. The data I'm going to
>import is the result of a lot of calculation that I want to do with the
help
>from a macro in Excel.
>Now, what I want to do is to simply run the macro in Excel, using a
function
>(or macro) in Access. I want to run everything from Access, but I think the
>calculation is a job for Excel, therefore I want to use the macro in Excel.

> I tried to look at Q153748 (How to call Excel functions from within
>Microsoft Access), but that part didn't do it for me.
>Can anyone please give me a hint?

>Magnus

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Running macro in Excel, using Access
HI Magnus,

You need to use Application.Run method as suggested in other posts as well.
In order to run the AutoOpen macro, you need to use the RunAutoMacros
method.

< http://home.att.net/~dashish/modules/mdl0007.htm >

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:
[...]

Thanks alot, I've tried the solutions provided in the help-file, and that
was excactly what I was looking for.

Once again:

THANK YOU!

/Magnus

Moiz skrev i meddelandet ...

Quote:
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q167/2/23.asp

>http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/LNP126.asp

>Try downloading AUTO97.exe

>Moiz

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running an excel macro using excel 8 obj lib

2. Running an excel macro using excel 8 obj lib

3. Opening an excel file through a form/running excel macros through access

4. Run macro in Excel using vbscript

5. Running Excel function from Access function/macro

6. Run Excel Macro through Access VBA

7. How to Run an Excel Macro from Access

8. Running Excel Macros From Access 97

9. run excel macro from access 97 ?

10. Run Excel Macro from within Access module

11. access macro to continue running in excel

12. Run access macro from excel?