Runtime Access97 wont open database on CDROM
Author Message
 Runtime Access97 wont open database on CDROM

I have a font-end/back-end Acc97 app. All works fine on my hard drive.
When I put the back-end
database on a CDROM, the runtime app won't open it. Regular Access will
open it, giving me the
message that it is read-only, but it opens it ok.  The runtime app gives
the error msg that the
database is opened exclusively by another user or that I don't have
permission. I am using the
opendatabase method - with True flag to specify read-only.

Does anyone have an idea on this? Is it a bug or am I doing something
wrong? Any help would
be appreciated!!

Dave Chamberlin

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Access97 wont open database on CDROM
Could this be related to the ldb file that Access always creates (next
to both the front end mdb and the back end mdb..) ? perhaps Runtime 97
must use that file, and full 97 doesn't require it..
-Steve
Quote:

> I have a font-end/back-end Acc97 app. All works fine on my hard drive.
> When I put the back-end
> database on a CDROM, the runtime app won't open it. Regular Access will
> open it, giving me the
> message that it is read-only, but it opens it ok.  The runtime app gives
> the error msg that the
> database is opened exclusively by another user or that I don't have
> permission. I am using the
> opendatabase method - with True flag to specify read-only.

> Does anyone have an idea on this? Is it a bug or am I doing something
> wrong? Any help would
> be appreciated!!

> Dave Chamberlin

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Access97 wont open database on CDROM
Try opening it Read-only AND Exclusive

Quote:

--

Beer, Wine and Database Programming.  What could be better?
Visit "Doug Steele's Beer and Programming Emporium"

Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Access97 wont open database on CDROM
I believe that to sucessfully Open an Access file that resides on a
CD-ROM (or any read-only device), the file needs to opened in Both
Read-Only AND Exclusive modes.

Hope this helps

Quote:

>> I have a font-end/back-end Acc97 app. All works fine on my hard drive.
>> When I put the back-end
>> database on a CDROM, the runtime app won't open it. Regular Access will
>> open it, giving me the
>> message that it is read-only, but it opens it ok.  The runtime app gives
>> the error msg that the
>> database is opened exclusively by another user or that I don't have
>> permission. I am using the
>> opendatabase method - with True flag to specify read-only.

>> Does anyone have an idea on this? Is it a bug or am I doing something
>> wrong? Any help would
>> be appreciated!!

>> Dave Chamberlin

Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem opening ADO connection to database on a CDROM

2. Problem opening ADO connection to database on a CDROM

3. How to connect several databases(Access97) during runtime

4. HELP: Access97 unable to open a Replicated Database.

5. HELP with Access97 CANNOT open Database !!!!

6. Opening Access97 databases with Global Password.

7. Open Access97 database from VB4

8. How can I open a Access97 database with password

9. Open a secured Access97 database

10. Opening Access97 database from VB4 project

11. How to open Access97 database from VB16?

12. not able to open access97 database...