Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors
Author Message
 Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors

When I convert certain databases from 2000 to 97 (and they convert fine;all
reference issues fixed,etc.), certain reports based on fairly complex
(compiled) queries won't run.  They generate this weird 'can't execute sql
statement because ...field returns invalid data type' thing.

I absolutely don't know why this happens. I'm guessing it might be something
with forcing data types (NZ, CCUR) or with nulls or something of the kind.
The underlying tables don't seem to be corrupted (they can be opened,
queried, etc.).
Pasting the SQL statement from the query into a new one generates the same
error, so it doesn't seem to be a conversion fluke with the sql compiler.

Perhaps Access 2000 is just more powerful.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks one million.

hard to put an appropriate subject title on this one, so here are some words
for deja searching:

Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors convert
can't execute sql statement

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors
Can you provide a sample of the SQL in question?

 -- Dev

Quote:
> When I convert certain databases from 2000 to 97 (and they convert
fine;all
> reference issues fixed,etc.), certain reports based on fairly complex
> (compiled) queries won't run.  They generate this weird 'can't execute sql
> statement because ...field returns invalid data type' thing.

> I absolutely don't know why this happens. I'm guessing it might be
something
> with forcing data types (NZ, CCUR) or with nulls or something of the kind.
> The underlying tables don't seem to be corrupted (they can be opened,
> queried, etc.).
> Pasting the SQL statement from the query into a new one generates the same
> error, so it doesn't seem to be a conversion fluke with the sql compiler.

> Perhaps Access 2000 is just more powerful.

> Anyone seen this?

> Thanks one million.

> hard to put an appropriate subject title on this one, so here are some
words
> for deja searching:

> Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors convert
> can't execute sql statement

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors
Thanks for responding, Dev.

Yes, I can.  I'll have to get them though.  I'll post em in a day or two.

On another topic, I was just pondering the lack of a mult-line comment
character in VB.
I thought I'd submit the following idea:  the "/*" and "*/" delimiters from
C as delimiters for your block-comment builder (rather than the invisible
chr(160) or whatever you use.  Perhaps you're well beyond that now.

Anyway, a thought.  I think I'm going to start using it with a simple
module-manipulating function to comment-out blocks delimited as described
myself.

Quote:
> Can you provide a sample of the SQL in question?

>  -- Dev

> > When I convert certain databases from 2000 to 97 (and they convert
> fine;all
> > reference issues fixed,etc.), certain reports based on fairly complex
> > (compiled) queries won't run.  They generate this weird 'can't execute
sql
> > statement because ...field returns invalid data type' thing.

> > I absolutely don't know why this happens. I'm guessing it might be
> something
> > with forcing data types (NZ, CCUR) or with nulls or something of the
kind.
> > The underlying tables don't seem to be corrupted (they can be opened,
> > queried, etc.).
> > Pasting the SQL statement from the query into a new one generates the
same
> > error, so it doesn't seem to be a conversion fluke with the sql
compiler.

> > Perhaps Access 2000 is just more powerful.

> > Anyone seen this?

> > Thanks one million.

> > hard to put an appropriate subject title on this one, so here are some
> words
> > for deja searching:

> > Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors convert
> > can't execute sql statement

Wed, 22 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors

Quote:
>On another topic, I was just pondering the lack of a mult-line comment

#If False Then
    your text here does not need to be valid code
#End If

'Not in Access 2.

(David L Graham)

Quote:
>Thanks for responding, Dev.

>Yes, I can.  I'll have to get them though.  I'll post em in a day or two.

>On another topic, I was just pondering the lack of a mult-line comment
>character in VB.
>I thought I'd submit the following idea:  the "/*" and "*/" delimiters from
>C as delimiters for your block-comment builder (rather than the invisible
>chr(160) or whatever you use.  Perhaps you're well beyond that now.

>Anyway, a thought.  I think I'm going to start using it with a simple
>module-manipulating function to comment-out blocks delimited as described
>myself.

>> Can you provide a sample of the SQL in question?

>>  -- Dev

>> > When I convert certain databases from 2000 to 97 (and they convert
>> fine;all
>> > reference issues fixed,etc.), certain reports based on fairly complex
>> > (compiled) queries won't run.  They generate this weird 'can't execute
>sql
>> > statement because ...field returns invalid data type' thing.

>> > I absolutely don't know why this happens. I'm guessing it might be
>> something
>> > with forcing data types (NZ, CCUR) or with nulls or something of the
>kind.
>> > The underlying tables don't seem to be corrupted (they can be opened,
>> > queried, etc.).
>> > Pasting the SQL statement from the query into a new one generates the
>same
>> > error, so it doesn't seem to be a conversion fluke with the sql
>compiler.

>> > Perhaps Access 2000 is just more powerful.

>> > Anyone seen this?

>> > Thanks one million.

>> > hard to put an appropriate subject title on this one, so here are some
>> words
>> > for deja searching:

>> > Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors
convert
>> > can't execute sql statement

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

2. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

3. Converting Access 97 to Access 2000 via VBA

4. Converting Access 2000 to Access 97

5. Convert Access 97 - Access 2000

6. Converting from Access 97 to Access 2000

7. Should I convert db from Access 97 to Access 2000

8. Access 97 TransferDatabase method to import queried SQL 2000 data

9. Linking Access 97 fornt end to Access 2000 data

10. Conversion error from Access 2000 to Access 97

11. Access 97 Parameter Queries and VB Data Reports

12. Access 97 Parameter Queries and VB Data Reports