Memo Field Corrupting.
Author Message
 Memo Field Corrupting.

Access 97

I have a database that has several Memo fields in a table.  When a user (in
single mode) makes edits to the data, sometimes it will come up and tell him
that there is a version conflict, ie. another user made changes.  This is
not possible because he is on a stand-alone PC.  The database is then
corrupted and needs to be repaired.  Upon repairing, a memo field now shows
#Error, and there is no way to change it.

I seem to recall this happening a couple of years ago, but it hasn't
happened lately.  I believe it might be a Windows 95 issue, because this
particular laptop is one of only a few that still have Win 95 and not Win
95b and above.

Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening and what I can do to
prevent it?

TIA
--

Chris Nebinger

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Memo Field Corrupting.
Chris,

Check out the knowledge base articles on the Jet service pack 3.  It
contains an "enhanced" compact function that repairs at the same time.
The problem, in my experience, is with a system table (msyswhatever) and may
require you to create a new mdb and import your tables into it.  However,
the first recourse is to try compacting.  And the best compact is said to be
had with the service pack.

J. Seyfert

Quote:
> Access 97

> I have a database that has several Memo fields in a table.  When a user
(in
> single mode) makes edits to the data, sometimes it will come up and tell
him
> that there is a version conflict, ie. another user made changes.  This is
> not possible because he is on a stand-alone PC.  The database is then
> corrupted and needs to be repaired.  Upon repairing, a memo field now
shows
> #Error, and there is no way to change it.

> I seem to recall this happening a couple of years ago, but it hasn't
> happened lately.  I believe it might be a Windows 95 issue, because this
> particular laptop is one of only a few that still have Win 95 and not Win
> 95b and above.

> Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening and what I can do to
> prevent it?

> TIA
> --

> Chris Nebinger

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Corrupt memo fields in Access 97?

2. Corrupted dBase memo field

3. Corrupted Access97 Database because of memo Field?

4. Append memo field to a different memo field

5. Memo fields - problems reporting 2 memo fields

6. Embed Fields within a memo field

7. HELP: linking txt field with a memo field

8. Displaying MS Access fields over 255 characters (Memo fields)

9. Mail Body field to Access memo field

10. get access-memo-field in an rtftext-field

11. Error 3197 because of corrupted Memo fields in Access 2 database, using Jet 3.50.

12. Corrupted .mdb? Data Missing in Some Fields