Using DAO to create pass thru queries in access 2000 - references problem
Author Message
 Using DAO to create pass thru queries in access 2000 - references problem

Hi,

I'm playing with an access 2000 client linked to an SQL server 2000
database.

I'm trying to create a pass through query and while I think I know what I'm
doing I seem to have a problem with the references with-in access.

While I choose references from the tools menu, I have "Microsoft ActiveX
Data Objects 2.5 Library" checked as available.

However, when I try to run the function below, I get the "user defined type
not available" blah blah blah error message.

Simply, why is the reference not working? Do I have the right references?

The code concerned is:

dim db as dao.database
dim qdf as dao.querydef

and obviously anywhere where I use these variables goes bananas (if I could
reach that far!)

Help and assistance gratefully received.

Cheers

CS

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:11:52 GMT
 Using DAO to create pass thru queries in access 2000 - references problem
You'll want the DAO 3.6 refernce for Access 2000

Steve

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm playing with an access 2000 client linked to an SQL server 2000
> database.

> I'm trying to create a pass through query and while I think I know what
I'm
> doing I seem to have a problem with the references with-in access.

> While I choose references from the tools menu, I have "Microsoft ActiveX
> Data Objects 2.5 Library" checked as available.

> However, when I try to run the function below, I get the "user defined
type
> not available" blah blah blah error message.

> Simply, why is the reference not working? Do I have the right references?

> The code concerned is:

> dim db as dao.database
> dim qdf as dao.querydef

> and obviously anywhere where I use these variables goes bananas (if I
could
> reach that far!)

> Help and assistance gratefully received.

> Cheers

> CS

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:26:29 GMT

1. Using DAO to create pass thru queries in access 2000 - references problem

2. Cannot view queries created using ADOX in Access 2000 interface

3. Access 2000 Runtime and DAO referencing

4. display chinese using DAO 3.6/VB6 in accessing Access 2000 DB.

5. Problem creating snapshot using Access 2000 and then viewing in office 97

6. connect vc++ & msaccess 2000/2002 thru dao

7. Help Connection to Access thru ODBC using DAO

8. Problem creating a query thru code

9. Opening Access 2000 mdb using DAO

10. Create parameter query for access 2000

11. DAO problem in Access 2000

12. MS Access 2000 DAO Recordset Problem