Replace blank value to 0 ..
Author Message
 Replace blank value to 0 ..

If your field is numeric, you are almost certainly dealing with a NULL, not
a blank, as blanks are only available in text fields.

Check out the Nz() function in the Help File.

HTH
        - Turtle

Quote:
> I got a problem ...

>    A DBase table is imported to my mdb as recordset ... and I need to use
> the value of the fields of this recordset to make calculation.But I
> found that I can't perform calculation while some value of the field ..
> Let say Fee = BLANK .... as it suppose to be 0 .But I have try to subst.
> 0  to this field as  ' If Fee = "" then Fee = 0 End if  '
> But I fail ..... how can I change all blank value to 0 or make calculate
> with blank value .The property of the field is numeric.

>    Thanks for help....

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Replace blank value to 0 ..
I got a problem ...

        A DBase table is imported to my mdb as recordset ... and I need to use
the value of the fields of this recordset to make calculation.But I
found that I can't perform calculation while some value of the field ..
Let say Fee = BLANK .... as it suppose to be 0 .But I have try to subst.
0  to this field as  ' If Fee = "" then Fee = 0 End if  '
But I fail ..... how can I change all blank value to 0 or make calculate
with blank value .The property of the field is numeric.

        Thanks for help....

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. string replace with wildcard number of spaces between strings - removing blank lines

2. Replace Blank Space With "+"

3. Replace and String.Replace only replaces first occurrence?

4. Blank .text value for DateTimePicker control

5. setting the datetimepicker to be a blank value

6. how to select a blank value for bound combo

7. how to get select a blank value for bound combo

8. Blank values and numeric fields

9. intialize integer to blank value?

10. blank values and numeric fields

11. Checking for blank values