Linking computers by modem and updating tables fast
Author Message
 Linking computers by modem and updating tables fast

Steve

Which version of Access are you using? If it is 7 or 97 then have a look at
replication. This may save a lot of problems.

Hope this helps

Terry

Quote:
> I have a need to update a database in three computers every 15 minutes
via
> a modem connection. The updating of the tables is a two way affair and so
> have date and time stamped each record in each table to be updated so
that
> when a record is edited the date/time stamp will change. This will limit
> amount of info to be updated. The three computers are based in three
cities
> and will be connected every 15 minutes so thats where I need help to
update
> the data fast and correctly.

> I have a few ideas but there may be a neat and effishent way of doing
this
> that I haven't thought of. More to the point haven't even heard of.

> Any ideas would be greatly received.

> Thanks
> Steve, Down Under

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Linking computers by modem and updating tables fast

2. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

3. my game is too fast on faster computers

4. Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method

5. Fastest way to Update in big table

6. Changing the linked table path without the linked table manager

7. Updating Link Table Path in VB

8. Update Linked Tables

9. Updating ODBC linked table via code

10. Update ODBC Linked Tables

11. Updating Tables That Are Linked to Access2000

12. Updating linked table info in Access 97 database