Update a Bound field with data from unbound field
Author Message
 Update a Bound field with data from unbound field

Fairly new to the fundementals of Access... but can anyone give me a quick
idea on how to Update a BOUND FIELD with data from an UNBOUND FIELD...

Many thanks

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:37:13 GMT
 Update a Bound field with data from unbound field

Quote:
>[....].. but can anyone give me a quick
> idea on how to Update a BOUND FIELD with data from
>an UNBOUND FIELD...

In the "AfterUpdate" Event of the unbound field you can
enter the following code:

Me.txtFieldNameOfBoundField = Me.txtFieldNameOfUnboundField

/Ray

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:56:13 GMT
 Update a Bound field with data from unbound field
In the Before Update event of the form, or perhaps the After Update event of
the unbound control (we're really talking about controls here, there isn't,
strictly speaking, any such thing as an unbound field):

Me!NameOfBoundControl = Me!NameOfUnboundControl

--
Brendan Reynolds

Quote:
> Fairly new to the fundementals of Access... but can anyone give me a quick
> idea on how to Update a BOUND FIELD with data from an UNBOUND FIELD...

> Many thanks

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:41:59 GMT

1. How to bind DataSet Table Columns to Unbound Fields

2. Assigning Null Values to data bound fields using remote data control

3. Updating data to a memo field using SQL UPDATE

4. bound masked field to date/time field in access not formatting right

5. Bound field(picture field) to datareport

6. Change Field object to bind to another field

7. Datacombo does not update bound field

8. Updating recordset fields using non-bound controls

9. Use report fields to update table fields

10. single field to multiple field update qry

11. update a field in a record depand on other field

12. Want to auto update date field based on adding check in another field