providing query design view to user
Author Message
 providing query design view to user

I am trying to give users access to the query design view for making
queries, however I am having troubles getting this idea to fit nicely
into the user interface.  I want the user to be able to create their
query, run it, and print it.  I don't want them to be able to save it,
and I definitely don't want them to be able to change permanently, by
saving, the general template, i.e. the underlying table associations and
the fields included.  I have only discovered one way to do this which is
to give the user the owner's permissions on the query (done within the
query properties menu).  This kind of works, however it means that the
user can begin to save it, and is only stopped well into the process.

Does anyone know of a way to acomplish this with more slickness, or is
there some other method, short of providing my own query design form,
for allowing the user to construct fancy query statements?

ethan.

Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error Messag ehen opening an SQL query in Design View

2. Setting Properties - Design View vs Form View

3. custom form control: Cannot view design view of forms that inherit this form

4. Can't open VB.NET form in design view (only get code view)

5. Unable to Design tablles, view and stored procs etc using Data View

6. Providing design-time object reference properties

7. VBE in User Designed Control Design Mode

8. Providing multiple parameters to Access queries

9. An application accessing an NT share and providing its own user name/password

10. An application accessing an NT share and providing its own user name/password

11. An application accessing an NT share and providing its own user name/password

12. Providing user with Printer Properties dialog box