Formatted fields are half bold and half not bold
Author Message
 Formatted fields are half bold and half not bold

I'm inserting a DocVariable field in my document, styled with a style sheet
that is bolded.

I have a custom form that prompts the user for various information about the
document: title, author, publication date, etc.

When the user closes the form, I assign the values from the form to
DocVariables, then update all the fields in the document.  The new values
appear in the field, but sometimes (and there doesn't seem to be any pattern
to this), half the text will be bolded, and the other half is not.
Reapplying the style doesn't seem to help.  I have to manually delete the
field, then re-insert it to fix the problem.

Any help is most appreciated.

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 03:59:32 GMT
 Formatted fields are half bold and half not bold
Hi The Luggage,

If you press Alt+F9, do the DOCVARIABLE fields have the "\* MERGEFORMAT"
switch? If so, delete it and see if this fixes the problem.

Bill Coan
Microsoft Word MVP

http://www.wordsite.com

> I'm inserting a DocVariable field in my document, styled with a style
sheet
> that is bolded.

> I have a custom form that prompts the user for various information about
the
> document: title, author, publication date, etc.

> When the user closes the form, I assign the values from the form to
> DocVariables, then update all the fields in the document.  The new values
> appear in the field, but sometimes (and there doesn't seem to be any
pattern
> to this), half the text will be bolded, and the other half is not.
> Reapplying the style doesn't seem to help.  I have to manually delete the
> field, then re-insert it to fix the problem.

> Any help is most appreciated.

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:54:09 GMT

1. Bold and non-bold text in a label?

2. reading field of type text into an ASP page - half newbie

3. PRINTING- Printed Field is Cut in Half !!

4. Size After Minimize Not Correct (Half-Height)?????????

5. Bold Formatting

6. VBA to change Footer Format - Fonts, Size, Bold etc

7. set format to bold in formula for cr.net

8. format form.caption to bold

9. format the form.caption to bold

10. Bolding text in concatenated fields

11. Bolding a submitted field