2nd Post File format no longer supported?
Author Message
 2nd Post File format no longer supported?

Hey,

This is my second post. Hope you can help me!

Whenever I try to compile all modules I get a "File Format No Longer
Supported" message. When I select Help it tells me to note the "item in
question".

Also, this same message occurs when I search for a string using the Access
Edit, Find feature with the "All modules" option selected.

Nothing highlights so there is no item in question. Also, I do not refer to
any files in my code. I am working in my mdb. I have attached tables from
another mdb. I tried compacting but this did not work.

Does anyone know: What's the deal?

TIA.

--
S.E. Hanley

Applications Programmer
Callaway Gardens
Pine Mtn. GA

Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 2nd Post File format no longer supported?

Quote:
> Whenever I try to compile all modules I get a "File Format No Longer
> Supported" message. When I select Help it tells me to note the "item in
> question".

> Also, this same message occurs when I search for a string using the Access
> Edit, Find feature with the "All modules" option selected.

> Nothing highlights so there is no item in question. Also, I do not refer to
> any files in my code. I am working in my mdb. I have attached tables from
> another mdb. I tried compacting but this did not work.

Which version of Access and operating system are you using?  Is there a
specific table which crashes and burns?  Have you compiled each module
individually to try and identify the errant code?

Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 2nd Post File format no longer supported?

TIA,

I'll take a WAG at it.  The only time that I saw something similar was on
one particular machine that had Access 95 and Access 2.0 installed.
Everytime that I would try to compile all of the modules I would get an
unexplained error like that.  It would usually stop on a reference to the
Err or Error variable.

I am not a fan of Access 95, but it's the client's standard.  I tried
reinstalling with no success.  Removing Access 2.0 solved the problem.

The same client had other computers with both versions installed which
didn't display the problem, so I never discovered the true reason for it.

Best Regards,

Bill Serrahn
http://home.att.net/~Bill.Serrahn/

Quote:
>Hey,

>This is my second post. Hope you can help me!

>Whenever I try to compile all modules I get a "File Format No Longer
>Supported" message. When I select Help it tells me to note the "item in
>question".

>Also, this same message occurs when I search for a string using the Access
>Edit, Find feature with the "All modules" option selected.

>Nothing highlights so there is no item in question. Also, I do not refer to
>any files in my code. I am working in my mdb. I have attached tables from
>another mdb. I tried compacting but this did not work.

>Does anyone know: What's the deal?

>TIA.

>--
>S.E. Hanley

>Applications Programmer
>Callaway Gardens
>Pine Mtn. GA

Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 2nd Post File format no longer supported?

Hi,

What version of Access are you using?? I'm wondering that if it's Access 95,
could this be caused by a corrupt module that's refuses being referenced.

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:Hey,
:
:This is my second post. Hope you can help me!
:
:Whenever I try to compile all modules I get a "File Format No Longer
:Supported" message. When I select Help it tells me to note the "item in
:question".
:
:Also, this same message occurs when I search for a string using the Access
:Edit, Find feature with the "All modules" option selected.
:
:Nothing highlights so there is no item in question. Also, I do not refer to
:any files in my code. I am working in my mdb. I have attached tables from
:another mdb. I tried compacting but this did not work.
:
:Does anyone know: What's the deal?
:
:TIA.
:
:--
:S.E. Hanley

:Applications Programmer
:Callaway Gardens
:Pine Mtn. GA

Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Format No Longer Supported??!!

2. File Format no longer supported error when registering my own ocx - solution

3. File format no longer supported

4. file format no longer supported

5. COMCTL32.OCX - file format no longer supported

6. File Format No Longer Supported

7. File Format No Longer Supported

8. 2nd post, Copy an MDB file!

9. programmatically point to file(s) in Outlook mailbox folder: 2nd post

10. Access in-use file - 2nd post

11. Access denied to path or file .....2nd post

12. What are these DISCO files and Why are they Different in different Directories?- Long Post-