anyfile.OUT data to Access
Author Message
 anyfile.OUT data to Access

    I've been given an .OUT file, told it is an Oracle file and tasked with
getting the data it contains into an Access database. Help!
    A search of File Extensions on the Internet indicates that .OUT files
are Basic UNIX OUTPUT files. Does this mean that they aren't Oracle or are
they an output from Oracle? Which still doesn't mean anything. Can/How Can
the data be imported into Access?
    Thanks for any and all assistance.

Byron

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 anyfile.OUT data to Access
can you open the file and view its data with notepad?
--
make a nice day,
TomG

Quote:
>     I've been given an .OUT file, told it is an Oracle file and tasked
with
> getting the data it contains into an Access database. Help!
>     A search of File Extensions on the Internet indicates that .OUT files
> are Basic UNIX OUTPUT files. Does this mean that they aren't Oracle or are
> they an output from Oracle? Which still doesn't mean anything. Can/How Can
> the data be imported into Access?
>     Thanks for any and all assistance.

> Byron

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 anyfile.OUT data to Access
Tom,
    Thanks for responding. No, haven't tried Notepad; thought it dealt only
with .txt files. But will give it a try Monday.
    Thanks again.

Byron

Quote:

>can you open the file and view its data with notepad?
>--
>make a nice day,
>TomG
>Tampa, FL

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 anyfile.OUT data to Access
yes, notepad deals with text files, but there seems to be some doubt as to
what this file is. notepad is just a shot in the dark.

--
make a nice day,
TomG

Quote:
> Tom,
>     Thanks for responding. No, haven't tried Notepad; thought it dealt
only
> with .txt files. But will give it a try Monday.
>     Thanks again.

> Byron

> >can you open the file and view its data with notepad?
> >--
> >make a nice day,
> >TomG
> >Tampa, FL

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 anyfile.OUT data to Access
Tom,
    It was a good shot too! Notepad will open the file and it can be read.
If I save it as a text file from Notepad Access won't open it but Excel
will. Then I can save it as a text file from Excel and then Access will
Import it.
    Probably don't have all the necessary files in Access to Import these
types of files, will have to look further into that.
    Thanks again for your assistance.

Byron

Quote:

>yes, notepad deals with text files, but there seems to be some doubt as to
>what this file is. notepad is just a shot in the dark.

>--
>make a nice day,
>TomG
>Tampa, FL

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HOW to add method to anyfile in explorer??

2. university EMR send outs

3. on the outs

4. Learning the ins and outs of Peek and Poke

5. How to handle print outs in VB?

6. Filesystem Time outs

7. Session Variable Time-outs

8. Time-outs

9. Need help with time outs

10. Help - Simply Getting Data from Extrenal Data Files (not from Access Data Base)

11. password protected Access data base with Data Control

12. New data control allows multi-user data access/binding over the web (INFO)