Continuing a line of code on the next line
Author Message
 Continuing a line of code on the next line

Hi,

This is so simple I feel stupid!!
How do I contiue a line of code in VBA on the following
line so I can see all the code without scrolling?
I have tried &_ but it says the underscore is an invalid
character.

I am using Access 2002 and the code is to run on access
2000.

Thanks
Steve

Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:26:37 GMT
 Continuing a line of code on the next line
Hi Steve,

There needs to be a space before the underscore, e.g.:
    strText = "This is a " & _
    "long line."

----
Simon Lewis

Quote:
> Hi,

> This is so simple I feel stupid!!
> How do I contiue a line of code in VBA on the following
> line so I can see all the code without scrolling?
> I have tried &_ but it says the underscore is an invalid
> character.

> I am using Access 2002 and the code is to run on access
> 2000.

> Thanks
> Steve

Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:41:48 GMT
 Continuing a line of code on the next line
Thanks Simon, knew it had to be somthing simple!!

Quote:
> Hi Steve,

> There needs to be a space before the underscore, e.g.:
>     strText = "This is a " & _
>     "long line."

> ----
> Simon Lewis

> > Hi,

> > This is so simple I feel stupid!!
> > How do I contiue a line of code in VBA on the following
> > line so I can see all the code without scrolling?
> > I have tried &_ but it says the underscore is an invalid
> > character.

> > I am using Access 2002 and the code is to run on access
> > 2000.

> > Thanks
> > Steve

Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:52:52 GMT

1. Command continued on next line marker

2. Write line and jump to next line

3. HELP - Manually Place Long Lines of Code over Several Lines in Code Window

4. Why does this code Error on NEXT line?

5. Shell - Wait for shelled app to load then execute next line of code

6. 1 line of code on 2 lines

7. How to execute script code line by line?

8. Macro For Continuing The Same Line

9. Maximum Line continue Allowed

10. Can I continue VB statement in few lines?

11. Inserting a line of text, setting that line to have a particular style, going to the next line, new style

12. Write to next line of a Word table from UserForm