Mail Merge access97 with word97 (Blank spaces)
Author Message
 Mail Merge access97 with word97 (Blank spaces)

Hello,

I am trying to merge records from access97 onto form letters on word97.
The problem is when for example the merged field is located in the
beginning of the line followed by space then followed by the word
processor text.  If the merged field is empty then the form letter will
print the first line with a space as the first character shifting the
first word to the right. This also could happen by having two spaces or
more in the middle of a sentence.

I know that word can suppress blank line. However there is no such
facility for blank spaces.

Can you please help.

Wed, 08 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail Merge access97 with word97 (Blank spaces)

Quote:

>Hello,

>I am trying to merge records from access97 onto form letters on word97.
>The problem is when for example the merged field is located in the
>beginning of the line followed by space then followed by the word
>processor text.  If the merged field is empty then the form letter will
>print the first line with a space as the first character shifting the
>first word to the right. This also could happen by having two spaces or
>more in the middle of a sentence.

>I know that word can suppress blank line. However there is no such
>facility for blank spaces.

>Can you please help.

One way to solve this problem is to insert a field with a formula in which
you test if the merged field is empty. In case the merged field contains a
value the formula results in one space. If on the other hand the merged
field is empty the formula adss nothing to your document. For example:

            if merged_field <> "" " " ""

Success
Ton Jense

Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access97-Word97 Mail Merge

2. Access97->Word97 merge, buffer overflow?

3. lauching Word97 mail merge from VB

4. PLEASE: Mail Merge Help with VB5 and Word97

5. --- Word Mail Merge from Access97

6. Mail Merge BarCodes / Mail Merge Insertion Point

7. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

8. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

9. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

10. Formatting Merge Fields in Word Mail Merge

11. Word Mail Merge Err - Word could not merge...

12. Help sending HTML mail in mail merge