Problem in Access 97 - Forms
Author Message
 Problem in Access 97 - Forms

Can someone help me please:
I have a problem in Access 97 :

Behind a textbox IN A FORM , I create a function to validate an entry value
of this field,
 The function is attached on the BeforeUpdate property like this:
 BeforeUpdate  =ValidRange()

In access 2.0 that worked very well ; Now I am converting
to Access 97 and I got a message :
   "The expresion you entered has a function Name that Microsoft Acces Can't
not find. "
   The expression may not result in the name of the macro, the name of the
user-defined
   function or even-  procedure.

What is wrong???

Thanks in advance .

Rudolph

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem in Access 97 - Forms
You have to create one event handler to use this, so in you form you must
get something like:

Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
    If ValidRange() Then
        Cancel = False
    End If
End Sub

Depends if your function returns True or False, Check the online help for
description in the BeforUpdate event.

HTH

--
Alberto Borbolla
Microsoft VB MVP

Quote:

> Can someone help me please:
> I have a problem in Access 97 :

> Behind a textbox IN A FORM , I create a function to validate an entry
value
> of this field,
>  The function is attached on the BeforeUpdate property like this:
>  BeforeUpdate  =ValidRange()

> In access 2.0 that worked very well ; Now I am converting
> to Access 97 and I got a message :
>    "The expresion you entered has a function Name that Microsoft Acces
Can't
> not find. "
>    The expression may not result in the name of the macro, the name of the
> user-defined
>    function or even-  procedure.

> What is wrong???

> Thanks in advance .

> Rudolph

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem in Access 97 - Forms

Does the function reside in the forms class module or in a separate module.
If it resides in a separate module - did you make the function Public ?

Quote:
>Can someone help me please:
>I have a problem in Access 97 :

>Behind a textbox IN A FORM , I create a function to validate an entry value
>of this field,
> The function is attached on the BeforeUpdate property like this:
> BeforeUpdate  =ValidRange()

>In access 2.0 that worked very well ; Now I am converting
>to Access 97 and I got a message :
>   "The expresion you entered has a function Name that Microsoft Acces
Can't
>not find. "
>   The expression may not result in the name of the macro, the name of the
>user-defined
>   function or even-  procedure.

>What is wrong???

>Thanks in advance .

>Rudolph

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem in Access 97 - Forms

Hiya, it might also be that DAO350.DLL or another of your Reference
libraries isn't registered properly ie run regsvr32 on it
--
Regards
Pieter Wijnen

http://www.thuleeng.com

Tough guys don't take backup - tough guys cry a lot..

Good site to look for Access answers is:
http://home.att.net/~dashish

  wijnen.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97: VBA-DAO-Access 97 synchronization problem?

2. Forms and tables problem (VB5/Access 97)

3. Automation Problem with Access 97/Excel 97

4. Two problems with mailmerge from Access 97 to Word 97

5. Sending data from one form to another (VBA and Access 97 form)

6. VB Forms and Access 97 forms

7. Access 97 - Subform access triggers update for Main Form

8. New instance of a Access Form (Access 97).

9. Access 97 -> Access 2000 VB Scope Problem

10. Access 95 and Access 97 Compacting Problems

11. problem using VB3 to access Access 97

12. Access 2 To Access 97 Conversion Problem