importing excel list into outlook contacts 
Author Message
 importing excel list into outlook contacts

I am trying to import an excel list into outlook 2000.
When I try and map the current fields, the only think
outlook reads is the Company field (I have about 20
fields) everything else (name, phone, fax....) is not
transfering. Importing also takes hours-

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!



Mon, 03 Oct 2005 05:07:39 GMT  
 importing excel list into outlook contacts
Hi,
one way is to write a program to automate Outlook. Let mi know if you don't
find any ready to use solution, I'll write a small app for you.


Quote:
> I am trying to import an excel list into outlook 2000.
> When I try and map the current fields, the only think
> outlook reads is the Company field (I have about 20
> fields) everything else (name, phone, fax....) is not
> transfering. Importing also takes hours-

> Does anyone have a suggestion?

> Thanks!



Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:24:22 GMT  
 importing excel list into outlook contacts
This would be  a great idea. If one could add a column in  the excel sheet
that would allow distribution lists to be automatically created that would
be a great help.

DAVE


Quote:
> Hi,
> one way is to write a program to automate Outlook. Let mi know if you
don't
> find any ready to use solution, I'll write a small app for you.



> > I am trying to import an excel list into outlook 2000.
> > When I try and map the current fields, the only think
> > outlook reads is the Company field (I have about 20
> > fields) everything else (name, phone, fax....) is not
> > transfering. Importing also takes hours-

> > Does anyone have a suggestion?

> > Thanks!



Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:09:01 GMT  
 importing excel list into outlook contacts
Just finished. Look at www.bucek.info/free.htm


Quote:
> This would be  a great idea. If one could add a column in  the excel sheet
> that would allow distribution lists to be automatically created that would
> be a great help.

> DAVE



> > Hi,
> > one way is to write a program to automate Outlook. Let mi know if you
> don't
> > find any ready to use solution, I'll write a small app for you.



> > > I am trying to import an excel list into outlook 2000.
> > > When I try and map the current fields, the only think
> > > outlook reads is the Company field (I have about 20
> > > fields) everything else (name, phone, fax....) is not
> > > transfering. Importing also takes hours-

> > > Does anyone have a suggestion?

> > > Thanks!



Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:27:59 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Trying to import Outlook Contacts on Computer

2. import OutLook Contacts

3. Script for importing .csv into Outlook XP Contacts

4. XML/SOAP import to Outlook Contacts (personal) folder

5. Automate Import of CSV files into Outlook Contacts

6. Importing Access Customers to Outlook Contacts...

7. Import Data to the Outlook-Contact-Notefield

8. Import contacts into outlook from server

9. Problem Importing Contacts from Access to Outlook Custom Form

10. Best way to import large contact list using VBA

11. Importing Contact Lists using VB/VBA

12. import/export contact list macro?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software