SQL Server Error Message in Access
Author Message
 SQL Server Error Message in Access

Hello,
I've Access2K Front-end(ODBC) and SQL Server 2K Back-end.
A Trigger in SQL Server table raises error like this:
RAISERROR('This is wrong.',16,1)

The messgae displayed in Access is like this:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver][SQL Server]This is wrong.

I want to show only my own message text not the system
prefixed text.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks in advance.

Dorji

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:39:49 GMT
 SQL Server Error Message in Access

Quote:

> I want to show only my own message text not the system
> prefixed text.

Have you tried using the Err.Description property?

Tim F

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:46:27 GMT
 SQL Server Error Message in Access
The error can be trapped only on the Form's Error Event
it seems. The DataErr parameter does not have the
DataErr.Description property.
Quote:

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:32:45 GMT
 SQL Server Error Message in Access

Quote:

> The error can be trapped only on the Form's Error Event
> it seems. The DataErr parameter does not have the
> DataErr.Description property.

The Err object is available during any On Error Goto.. trap. That separates
the .Source and .Description properties.

You might be referring to the jet database errors collection, but I must
confess that I've not tried digging into that.

Not sure if I've helped... :-)

Tim F

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:48:16 GMT

1. SQL server error messages

2. SQL Server error messages from DAO

3. ADO messages and SQL SERVER 7 errors

4. Connection closed after SQL Server Error Message 532

5. Connection closed after SQL Server Error Message 532

6. Database (SQL Server 7.0) Error Messages from ADO

7. OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Message and COM Message

8. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

9. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

10. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

11. error messages reported by OLE DB /ADO with Access 2000 database at an internet server

12. Custom error messages Connecting to SQL 7.0 Through Access 97