OnDisconnection event in a COM addin
Author Message
 OnDisconnection event in a COM addin

Hi !

I've a problem.
I made a COM addin and when I run Outlook first time all works fine. Than I
close Outlook but my COM addin doesn't receive the OnDisconnection event.

Can someone tell me why ?

When I run Outlook the second time my COM addin doesn't work.

Thanks.
Marco

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:15:15 GMT
 OnDisconnection event in a COM addin
see microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

--
Neo [MVP-Outlook]

Are you considering installing the Email Security Patch or Office 2000
Service Pack 2?
Read this page first and consider your choice carefully if you depend on
accessing specific attachments or have programs that need access to
Outlook's address book.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm

Quote:
> Hi !

> I've a problem.
> I made a COM addin and when I run Outlook first time all works fine. Than
> close Outlook but my COM addin doesn't receive the OnDisconnection event.

> Can someone tell me why ?

> When I run Outlook the second time my COM addin doesn't work.

> Thanks.
> Marco

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:21:06 GMT
 OnDisconnection event in a COM addin
Hey, Here is my guess. I bet you are opening an
esplorer or application object and not closing it
down properly. I just fixed this problem yestarday.

You need to declare the variable which contains
the explorer object to accept events:

Public WithEvents oExp As ActiveExplorer

Then, you'll need to use it's Close event to
close all the objects that you have open,
most importantly the Explorer and
Application objects. Like so:

Private Sub oExp_Close()
    Set oExp = Nothing
    Set oSel = Nothing
    Set oApp = Nothing
End Sub

More info on this bug at:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q208/3/32.ASP

Let me know if it works,
David

Quote:

> Hi !

> I've a problem.
> I made a COM addin and when I run Outlook first time all works fine. Than I
> close Outlook but my COM addin doesn't receive the OnDisconnection event.

> Can someone tell me why ?

> When I run Outlook the second time my COM addin doesn't work.

> Thanks.
> Marco

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:07:06 GMT

1. OnDisconnection event in a COM Addin

2. How to enable the Inbox ItemAdd event in a COM AddIn

3. using COM/DCOM within a COM-Addin ???

4. unregistering COM AddIn

5. OnAction Property not working in Com Addin (XP)

6. Com Addin - Package & Deployment Wizard

7. how to load and unload an com addin using VBA or VB

8. Outlook COM AddIn Security

9. COM AddIn

10. Com Addin?

11. How can I insert a Controlbutton into an Outlook form using a COM-Addin

12. COM AddIn