MFC DAO Database Engine Assert Error
Author Message
 MFC DAO Database Engine Assert Error

Hi,

   I'm using MFC and Visual C++, and I've run into a mysterious error when
I exit my application after closing the database I opened.  I get a debug
message
that says there was an Assert Error. When I choose to debug, it takes me to
a daocore.cpp file and to the ASSERT line, which appears to be checking if
the DBEngine is NULL before I exit the application.
  Everything else in my code works fine, and I thought when I closed
my database properly the default workspace and DBEngine would
be closed by the MFC classes.  Has anyone else encountered this error,
could it be a bug in the MFC and not my code?

Thanks,

Gayla

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DAO and JET Database Engine Distribution Licensing

2. Convert DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6 Jet Engine 4.0

3. VBScript Engine with MFC

4. Print engine under MFC

5. MFC and DAO in C++

6. database engine initialization error

7. trapping jet database engine errors

8. Jet Database engine error.

9. Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005) error

10. Database engine error

11. Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09'

12. Can not initialize OLE--Database Engine Error