Can I use Outlook 2000 as DCOM Server?
Author Message
 Can I use Outlook 2000 as DCOM Server?

Can I use Outlook 2000 as a DCOM Server? I tried and created a remote
Outlook application on the remote machine, created a TaskItem using
lookapp.CreateItem, but when I tried to call any methods on that
TaskItem, I got the error:

2215903490:Could not complete the operation because the service provider
does not support it. :Microsoft Outlook
AutomationException: 0x84140102 - Could not complete the operation because
the service provider does not support it.  in 'Microsoft Outlook '

Anybody know why?

Thanks,

Patrick

file://Remove "X" in email address to reply

Tue, 18 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I use Outlook 2000 as DCOM Server?

Because Outlook does not support running as a DCOM server.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> Can I use Outlook 2000 as a DCOM Server? I tried and created a
remote
> Outlook application on the remote machine, created a TaskItem using
> lookapp.CreateItem, but when I tried to call any methods on that
> TaskItem, I got the error:

> 2215903490:Could not complete the operation because the service
provider
> does not support it. :Microsoft Outlook
> AutomationException: 0x84140102 - Could not complete the operation
because
> the service provider does not support it.  in 'Microsoft Outlook '

> Anybody know why?

> Thanks,

> Patrick

> file://Remove "X" in email address to reply

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I use Outlook 2000 as DCOM Server?

Ken,

Thanks for the reply. How can I work around this problem? Writing a DLL
myself that accesses Outlook?

Patrick

Quote:
> Because Outlook does not support running as a DCOM server.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
> Appendices, Sams

> > Can I use Outlook 2000 as a DCOM Server? I tried and created a
> remote
> > Outlook application on the remote machine, created a TaskItem using
> > lookapp.CreateItem, but when I tried to call any methods on that
> > TaskItem, I got the error:

> > 2215903490:Could not complete the operation because the service
> provider
> > does not support it. :Microsoft Outlook
> > AutomationException: 0x84140102 - Could not complete the operation
> because
> > the service provider does not support it.  in 'Microsoft Outlook '

> > Anybody know why?

> > Thanks,

> > Patrick

> > file://Remove "X" in email address to reply

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I use Outlook 2000 as DCOM Server?
You'd have to run against a local copy of Outlook. What exactly are
you trying to do?

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams

Quote:
> Ken,

> Thanks for the reply. How can I work around this problem? Writing a
DLL
> myself that accesses Outlook?

> Patrick

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 - rdo - Client/server(DCOM) application problem with 2000/xp

2. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

3. Acess Inbox of Outlook 2000/Express without Exchange Server

4. Visual Foxpro / Exchange Server / Outlook 2000

5. Restarting Outlook 2000 after mail server is rebooted.

6. Best method of working with Access 97 / Outlook 2000 / Exchange Server 5.5

7. Outlook 2000 Mail on Server

8. DCOM settings needed on client and server for remote Outlook application

9. Using Outlook in Access 2000

10. using outlook in access 2000

11. Search in Outlook 98/2000 using wildcards in VB6

12. How do you send Outlook 2000 email using WORD 97 VBA Macro