howto: move to field, insert OLE object?
Author Message
 howto: move to field, insert OLE object?

How does one, while on the appropriate (usually new) record on a
datasheet-style subform, go to a certain field (which has ole object as its
type) and call up the insert object dialog and then insert the object into
the field.

I guess the crux of my question is this:  I see how to reference the
properties of  a bound object frame, but the 'field' in the subform's
datasheet view doesn't seem to be a control.

Do I need to go to the record with DAO?   Call the insert dialog and then
put it contents i the field.

Thanks for any help on this.  Where does one look for Access programming
info?  On the web?  Microsoft?  Are there good sites for that?

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 howto: move to field, insert OLE object?
Hi, first you must set the focus to the BoundObjectFrame control, then use
<Field>.Action = acOLEInsertObjDlg to open the dialogbox.

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 howto: move to field, insert OLE object?
Thanks.
Quote:

>Hi, first you must set the focus to the BoundObjectFrame control, then use
><Field>.Action = acOLEInsertObjDlg to open the dialogbox.

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. moving objects from OLE control to OLE field in jet database

2. Inserting an OLE object into an OLE field!!!!

3. How can I insert an image in Access Ole Object field

4. Insert Word document into OLE Object field from C++

5. Inserting OLE object from a file in database field

6. VBA-assigning an OLE-object to an Ole-object-field

7. OLE-Header for inserting Bitmap in DAO-ole-field

8. Linking or Embedding an OLE object into an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

9. Q: OLE Container and Database OLE object field

10. Linking or Embedding an OLE Object in an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

11. Insertion of OLE-Object into OLE-Field of Access-Table

12. storing an OLE object into an Access OLE field