Item Not Found in Collection (Error 3036)
Author Message
 Item Not Found in Collection (Error 3036)

I'm normalizing a flat file using a Access 7.0 VGA routine. The table has
client information and product information scattered about dozens of
columns (like a spreadsheet). The project has gone well in testing, but
when I open up the filter to process more records I keep getting "Item Not
Found In Collection" errors (3065). The same code works file with a smaller
set of records, but breaks when a larger set is used.

It acts like a memory error. {*filter*} DLL or something. The KB has been no
help. A newsgroup message indicated that DAO3032.DLL might be involved, but
Microsoft's website choked on a 404 when I ask about that.

I've tried setting up a new copy of the subject database (over 100,000
records). I've even exported it all as a text file, and imported into a
clean copy to make sure anything {*filter*} was stripped out. Same result. Less
than 100 records, OK. More than that, the results are inconsistent, but it
still breaks someplace. (Without a filter, it breaks soon, like at record
5).

When it breaks, it breaks consistently at the same place in the record set
(obviously I've tried several). If I delete the record where it breaks, it
skips ahead two or three more, and breaks again. Doesn't seem to be the
record itself, but something more sinister and cumulative in memory.

I'm about to try breaking the incoming database into smaller chunks to see
if that helps.

Suggestions welcome.

-- Ted Husted ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. item not found in collection error in qrydef

2. Item not found in Collection Error?

3. Item not found in collection error

4. Item not found in this collection error

5. Error 3265:Item not found in this collection

6. Error 3265 Item not found in this collection

7. recordset error - Item not found in this collection

8. 3265 runtime error, item not found in collection

9. Item not found in this collection error

10. Run-time error 3265: Item not found in this collection

11. Trouble with ADO Connection.Open() Error 3625 Item not found in collection

12. Recordset error - item not found in this collection