VBA code for Repairing and Compacting DB on Startup
Author Message
 VBA code for Repairing and Compacting DB on Startup

What is the VBA code and best design for repairing and
compacting a database that contains a large amount of data
on start-up?  I am using Access 2002.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:44:22 GMT
 VBA code for Repairing and Compacting DB on Startup
Realistically, you can't compact an open database. You could look at
michka's TSI SOON (Shut One, Open New) database add-in from
http://www.trigeminal.com/utility.asp?ItemID=8 While it only mentions Access
2000, I would think that it might work with Access 2002 as well. However,
why not just use the Compact On Close feature that exists in 2002?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:
> What is the vba code and best design for repairing and
> compacting a database that contains a large amount of data
> on start-up?  I am using Access 2002.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:56:32 GMT
 VBA code for Repairing and Compacting DB on Startup
How would you handle this is Access 97?

Quote:

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:48:21 GMT
 VBA code for Repairing and Compacting DB on Startup
That utility works with Access 97 as well as 2000.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

Quote:
> How would you handle this is Access 97?

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 05:32:01 GMT

1. Users Compacting and Repairing dB's

2. repair & compact DB

3. Compact & Repair DB

4. Compact & repair Access 97 db from VB

5. Compact/Repair of Access 2.0 DB in VB3

6. Compact & repair Access 97 db from VB

7. compacting /repairing db possible with ado ?

8. Compact and Repair DB with ADO in VB?

9. Compact and Repair Code when Close

10. Compact and Repair by code

11. Access 97: help with VB code for repair and compact on NT 4.0

12. Repair/Compact of MDB via code casues invalid datbase format error upon completion