Database with connected tables (dbf) error!
Author Message
 Database with connected tables (dbf) error!

Hi,

In Office '97 i've made a MDB in wich i use a query to connect some dbf
files to eachother to use the query output in Excel.

This worked fine in Office '97.

But now i use Office 2000 and i see that a lot of field are nog filled with
the data that is in the dbf files. (when i open the files in Excel i see the
data!)

When I want to connect the tables again. Access wants beside the *.dbf file
also the *.ntx file. I don't have those! (the dbf files are export files of
an Dos Application)

Who can help me!

Many Thanks

Bye Wilbert

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:14:39 GMT
 Database with connected tables (dbf) error!

Quote:

> But now i use Office 2000 and i see that a lot of field are nog filled
> with the data that is in the dbf files. (when i open the files in Excel
> i see the data!)

You may need to try out Jet 4 SP5 on a machine to see if that helps.  See

[ http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q180/1/05.ASP ]
[ http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/1/14.ASP ]

  -- Dev

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:00:45 GMT
 Database with connected tables (dbf) error!

Quote:

> > But now i use Office 2000 and i see that a lot of field are nog filled
> > with the data that is in the dbf files. (when i open the files in Excel
> > i see the data!)

> You may need to try out Jet 4 SP5 on a machine to see if that helps.  See

> [ http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q180/1/05.ASP ]
> [ http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/1/14.ASP ]

>   -- Dev

I tried to install the Jet 4 SP5, but still i don't get all the data from
the dbf files!

Any other suggestion?

Many thanks!

Bye Wilbert

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:54:55 GMT
 Database with connected tables (dbf) error!

Quote:

> I tried to install the Jet 4 SP5, but still i don't get all the data from
> the dbf files!

> Any other suggestion?

The only other thing I can think of is to try and install BDE, unless
someone has other suggestions of course.

 -- Dev

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:18:29 GMT
 Database with connected tables (dbf) error!
Sorry, but what is BDE?

Quote:

> > I tried to install the Jet 4 SP5, but still i don't get all the data
from
> > the dbf files!

> > Any other suggestion?

> The only other thing I can think of is to try and install BDE, unless
> someone has other suggestions of course.

>  -- Dev

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:54:33 GMT
 Database with connected tables (dbf) error!

Quote:

> Sorry, but what is BDE?

Borland Database Engine.

[ http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q230/1/25.ASP ]

  -- Dev

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:21:17 GMT

1. connecting to an access database with linked .dbf tables

2. Error connecting to DBF database

3. connecting to dBase III dbf table with VB 6

4. How to combine the data from two .dbf database file to one new .dbf database fil

5. HOW TO CONNECT DBF DATABASE WITH eVB?????

6. How to connect .dbf database with eVb

7. DELETED tables cause error on table Connect?

8. Crystal 1.0 database error when connecting to Access 1.1 database

9. SQL - Join one table in one destination to another table in another destination (DBF)

10. Connecting multiples database tables using VB!

11. How to connect visual foxpro database/table in VB6

12. Connecting to AS400 Database/Table - How?