Datatype mismatch using "UCase" function
Author Message
 Datatype mismatch using "UCase" function

The following statement is included wthin a module that calls a report:

UCase$(SPOOL.BARCODE)=Ucase$("334-23-2222-234")

This returns a datatype mismatch, but only on some access
installations.  I understand that the dollar signs should be omitted
since "SPOOL.BARCODE," is a string data type, and that does fix the
problem. But why does it occur only on some machines that have been
setup using the same "seed," (OS /application  load process) .I have
hundreds of clients and some work and some don't, and I am challenged to
find out why.  Any ideas where to look?

Thanks in advance,
M Kindle

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Datatype mismatch using "UCase" function
Hi Monte,

I'd double check how SPOOLBARCODE is declared.  It could be declared as a
variant which explains why changing UCase$ to UCase fixes the problem. (The
former accepts and returns a variant while the latter, a string).

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:The following statement is included wthin a module that calls a report:
:
:UCase$(SPOOL.BARCODE)=Ucase$("334-23-2222-234")
:
:
:This returns a datatype mismatch, but only on some access
:installations.  I understand that the dollar signs should be omitted
:since "SPOOL.BARCODE," is a string data type, and that does fix the
:problem. But why does it occur only on some machines that have been
:setup using the same "seed," (OS /application  load process) .I have
:hundreds of clients and some work and some don't, and I am challenged to
:find out why.  Any ideas where to look?
:
:Thanks in advance,
:M Kindle

:

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Changing Currency/Number Datatype format"

2. Using "age" function in Word form

3. Using Dos's "truename" function

4. using the api function "UpdateWindow".

5. I have problem using function "Shell"

6. CR6 x SQL Server - datatype "decimal"

7. HELP: problem with "memo" datatype

8. problem with the "memo" datatype

9. OpenRecordSet "Type Mismatch"

10. DAO code "Type Mismatch" error

11. set db=currentdb() "type mismatch problem"

12. Openrecordset "Type mismatch"