dynamic report formatting from crosstab queries??
Author Message
 dynamic report formatting from crosstab queries??

I currently produce many different crosstab queries in ACCESS and then copy
and paste the results into templates in EXCEL (sometimes with a little
rearrangeing of data.)

Is there any way to get ACCESS reports to format "on the fly" depending on
the columns that might come up after running a crosstab query?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Harry Searing

Thu, 14 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 dynamic report formatting from crosstab queries??
Hello Harry,

One way to get the crosstab to have consistent columns is to use the Column
Headers in the property sheet of the Crosstab query or the PIVOT clause of
the SQL statement.  By using column headers the column will print even if
the value is null.

Matthew MacFarland

Quote:

>I currently produce many different crosstab queries in ACCESS and then copy
>and paste the results into templates in EXCEL (sometimes with a little
>rearrangeing of data.)

>Is there any way to get ACCESS reports to format "on the fly" depending on
>the columns that might come up after running a crosstab query?

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dynamic SQL Queries, dynamic reports

2. Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports

3. Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports

4. CrossTab Report Formatting

5. Problem With Formatting Crosstab Reports - PLEASE HELP!

6. Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports

7. report based on a crosstab query

8. report based on a crosstab query

9. Crosstab Query for Report

10. Crosstab Query/Conversion/Report Generation...

11. query regarding Crosstab report

12. multiple queries into a crosstab query in VB