Change Mousepointer doesn't work
Author Message
 Change Mousepointer doesn't work

Hello!

I have a Userform with an Image-Control (Image1).
I change the Mousepointer for example by Mouse_Move-Event of the
Image-Control in dependence of the X-Koordinate (Property Mouspointer).

Private Sub Image1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As
Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)

    Select Case Fix(X / 40)
        Case 0: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerAppStarting
        Case 1: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerArrow
        Case 2: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerCross
        Case 3: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerHelp
        Case 4: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerHourGlass
        Case 5: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerIBeam
        Case 6: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerNoDrop
        Case 7: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerSizeAll
        Case 8: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerSizeNESW
        Case 9: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerSizeNS
        Case 10: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerSizeNWSE
        Case 11: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerSizeWE
        Case Else: Me.Image1.MousePointer = fmMousePointerUpArrow
    End Select

End Sub

I worked with Word/Excel 2000/XP (MS Forms 2.0).
With Windows ME and Windows 98 all works perfectly.

With NT4.0, Windows 2000 or Windows XP it works only until the first
mouse-click on the Image-Control.
Afterwords it always appears the default-mousepointer.
By testing the property Image1.Mousepointer with VBA I can see, that the
mousepointer is set correctly.
Sometimes I can see the correct mousepointer for a millisecond or so, but
then it is immediatly overlayed by the default-mousepointer.

Can someone tell me, what's the problem and what I could do to solve it ?

Thanks, Jrgen

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:08:42 GMT

1. Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

2. Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

3. Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

4. Mousepointer doesn't change in DLL

5. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

6. changing printer doesn't work

7. Combo Box Change Event Doesn't Work

8. Change .mdb to .tdb and CR doesn't work

9. Windows Service Calling VB6 dll doesn't work but works with VB6

10. IE3 doesn't work after working with webbrowser control

11. Why LoadPicture() works on local pathes and doesn't work on the URLS

12. Work Around doesn't work for RichTextBox