Characters in text boxes
Author Message
 Characters in text boxes

I am working in userforms in word 97. I am inserting
symbols into the text box within my form by opening
the "insert symbol" dialogue with the following code:

Sub cmdSymbol_Click()

Set adialog = Dialogs(wdDialogInsertSymbol)
adialog.Display
Controls.Item(Currenttextbox).Text = Controls.Item
(Currenttextbox).Text & ChrW(adialog.charnum)
Controls(Currenttextbox).SetFocus

End Sub

Most characters can be inserted, however some characters
appear in the text box different to the one selected. Then
when these are inserted into the document, they appear as
boxes. A good example of this is when using the "Symbol"
font.

Is this occuring because text boxes are only 7bit ASCII???
Is there any way I can resolve this??

thanks in advance

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:11:13 GMT

1. Line break character for text box

2. How to hide linefeed, and carriage return characters in text boxes

3. Input and display of Vietnamese Characters using text box and label in VB6

4. HELP!! Superscripts and pc characters in text boxes.

5. Text from vba text box (>2000 characters) to a Word bookmard

6. Hidden character for password text box

7. Userform Text Box limited to 256 characters

8. Character Position in Text Box

9. I need to grab the last 6 Characters in a text box

10. Fixed character length in a Text Box.

11. Entering chinese character in rich text box.

12. Check the last character of a text box