Public Folder permissions
Author Message
 Public Folder permissions

I am using Exchange Server 2000 (SP2) and Outlook 2000
(SP1) as the client software. I can create a journal
folder under the Public Folders, but when I click on the
journal folder I get the following message: "Unable to
display the folder. You do not have sufficient permission
to perform this operation on this object. See the folder
contact or your system administrator."
I have given myself owner permission in both Outlook and
Exchange Server, but I still get the same message.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:15:13 GMT
 Public Folder permissions
Dave,

Having a similiar problem with Win 2K Pro.

Have not found a solution yet, so would be interested if here something.

By chance, do you have ICS enabled?

Drew

Quote:

> I am using Exchange Server 2000 (SP2) and Outlook 2000
> (SP1) as the client software. I can create a journal
> folder under the Public Folders, but when I click on the
> journal folder I get the following message: "Unable to
> display the folder. You do not have sufficient permission
> to perform this operation on this object. See the folder
> contact or your system administrator."
> I have given myself owner permission in both Outlook and
> Exchange Server, but I still get the same message.

> Any advice would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Dave

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 05:42:29 GMT
 Public Folder permissions

Dave:

You might try searching for and deleting the frmcache.dat file on your machine.  There seem to be many problems that are caused when that file is corrupted.

A related problem:?

We have just started having a similar problem with a custom form today.  It is a form that has been working for years and has not been changed in months.  Deleting frmcache.dat has not helped with the problem and I haven't found a KB article that addresses the issue.

The problem is, when I attempt to open this hidden form, I get the message "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation."  I am the folder Owner, and don't have problems with any of the other custom forms.

Some people in my organization can successfully open and post this form.  We are running a mixture of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002 (SP2) here (I asked everyone not to use OUtlook 2002 or 2002 SP 1 because of compatibility problems--SP 2 seemed to fix the problems).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rg

  I am using Exchange Server 2000 (SP2) and Outlook 2000
  (SP1) as the client software. I can create a journal
  folder under the Public Folders, but when I click on the
  journal folder I get the following message: "Unable to
  display the folder. You do not have sufficient permission
  to perform this operation on this object. See the folder
  contact or your system administrator."
  I have given myself owner permission in both Outlook and
  Exchange Server, but I still get the same message.

  Any advice would be appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Dave

Wed, 25 May 2005 07:17:47 GMT

1. Public Folder Permissions

2. Public Folder Permission

3. Public Folder Permissions

4. Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB

5. Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions

6. Deleting a Public Folder Mail Item Does not work - Even with right permissions

7. Public Folder Client Permissions

8. Adding Permissions to Access Public Folders

9. Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB

10. Syncing public folders with local folders automatically

11. How can I get/guess email address of a folder under the Public Folder

12. Public Folder Contact folders.