How to determine Path to MSAccess.exe
Author Message
 How to determine Path to MSAccess.exe

I would like to implement a /cmd "debug" command line switch. I've gotten it to work. My problem is that in debug mode, I would like
to display the db window, etc but the startup properties don't take effect until the next restart.

As such, I am using Shell to launch a new instance of the db. For this, I have to provide the path to Access.exe. I would prefer NOT
to hardcode the path to Access and would like to know how to determine this path.

My environment is Access 2002 on Windows 2000.

Thanks, James

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:50:54 GMT
 How to determine Path to MSAccess.exe
Try

SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir)

if you are inside of Access.

--
MichKa

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

Quote:
> I would like to implement a /cmd "debug" command line switch. I've gotten

it to work. My problem is that in debug mode, I would like
Quote:
> to display the db window, etc but the startup properties don't take effect

until the next restart.
Quote:

> As such, I am using Shell to launch a new instance of the db. For this, I

have to provide the path to Access.exe. I would prefer NOT
Quote:
> to hardcode the path to Access and would like to know how to determine
this path.

> My environment is Access 2002 on Windows 2000.

> Thanks, James

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:08:34 GMT

1. MSACCESS.EXE path

2. Path to MSAccess.exe

3. Path of msaccess.exe ??

4. How to determine path to VB6.exe?

5. how to determine path of setup.exe

6. Best method of determining path, relative path and/or flie name

7. Application Setup Wizard Says D:\<path>\D:\<path>\target.exe

8. Computer Name, Exe Name, and Exe Path

9. msaccess.exe continues running,,,

10. MSACCESS.EXE processes con't running...

11. MSaccess.exe - Application error

12. Alias in msaccess.exe gone??