newbie: a startup module
Author Message
 newbie: a startup module

Hello. In the Northwind example database in Office XP there is a startup
module which contains some startup code. I also created a startup module in
my own database application with a OpenStartUp function in it just like the
example, but Access never tends to run it.

So how to run start up code? Is the AutoExec macro the only way?

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:20:37 GMT
 newbie: a startup module
Yes, either you use the AutoExec macro to run your function in a standard
module.

the other choice is to place a call to your code in the start-up form (if
you use one).

I use the start-up form since I all kinds of cool things on it anyway.

--
Albert D. Kallal
Edmonton,  Alberta Canada

http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:00:12 GMT
 newbie: a startup module
I've used the load or open event of a MainMenu form
opened from Startup to process code or call a public
function.

Quote:

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:38:32 GMT

1. Northwind Startup Form Module

2. How to compile and save module on startup???

3. Global Modules-startup-429,activeX component can't create object

4. Newbie: Loading a Database during Startup

5. newbie: word startup macro with shellExecute

6. newbie: Discussion forum - some startup help?

7. Newbie - Loading App upon Windows startup

8. Making my startup-app keep the focus/interference from other startup-apps

9. Modules, Modules, Modules

10. How to run program on startup (not using startup)

11. NEWBIE SQL MODULE QUESTION

12. Newbie: How do I have this class module appear on my report