Code to register a SQL database in the control panel's 32 bit ODBC
Author Message
 Code to register a SQL database in the control panel's 32 bit ODBC

Brent, check out http://www.*-*-*.com/
I just used this code today for the exact reason you are looking...

P.S., keep in mind, that if you want the tables (or views) that you link to
to be updatable, you will need to run a "data definition query" to create a
local jet unique index for each table.

- Brian M.
3M Corporation

Quote:
>Has anyone written the VBA code to automatically enter the SQL database
>information into the control panel's 32 bit ODBC program.  I am tired of
>calling the clients and walking them through the process.  If anyone has
>written the code, will you share it?

>Thanks,

>Brent Thrasher

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Code to register a SQL database in the control panel's 32 bit ODBC

Has anyone written the VBA code to automatically enter the SQL database
information into the control panel's 32 bit ODBC program.  I am tired of
calling the clients and walking them through the process.  If anyone has
written the code, will you share it?

Thanks,

Brent Thrasher

Mon, 15 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Code to register a SQL database in the control panel's 32 bit ODBC

Quote:
>Has anyone written the VBA code to automatically enter the SQL database
>information into the control panel's 32 bit ODBC program.

I haven't done this myself, but I believe this is what the
RegisterDatabase function is supposed to do. This is from the on-line
help:

Enters connection information for an ODBC data source in the Windows
Registry. The ODBC driver needs connection information when the ODBC
data source is opened during a session.

Syntax

DBEngine.RegisterDatabase dbname, driver, silent, attributes

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Mon, 15 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migrating 16-bit ODBC DLL (SQLServer) to 32-bit ODBC DLL (MS Access)

2. VB4: problems with 32-bit odbc and self-registering ocx

3. VB4 32-bit ODBC to SQL Server - Bad Image

4. 32-bit ODBC driver for Oracle via SQL*Net on Windows 95

5. VB4 32-bit ODBC to SQL Server - Bad Image

6. 16 bit SQL Driver VS 32 bit SQL Driver

7. 16 bit SQL Driver VS 32 bit SQL Driver

8. How to register a 32 bit DLL on 64 bit Machine

9. Convert 32-BIT MDB Database to 16-bit database

10. Sheridan Panel with too big Font after 32 Bit conversion

11. Help, urgent: compiling 16 bit vb 4 coe to 32 bit vb 4 code

12. Calling 16 bit DLL's in VB5 ENV(32 bit)