Adding a new entry cont...
Author Message
 Adding a new entry cont...

Hi Cheryl,

While setting the Limit to List Property of my combo box
to No lets me type in something new, it does not add the
new thing I typed in to the table that populates that
particular list box with options...could you help me in
this regard?

Thank you!
Kim
--
Hello Kimberly,

Set the Limit to List Property of your combo box to No.

--
Cheryl Fischer
Law/Sys Associates

Quote:
> Hello,

> If I have a combo box on a form and I want the user to
be
> able to type in a new entry on the combo box, and then
> have that entry saved to the table that populates the
> combo box, how do I do that?

> Thank you!

> Kim

.

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:23:03 GMT
 Adding a new entry cont...
You need to set the LimitTo List property to Yes and then trap the NotInList
event using something like this:

Private Sub sContact_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
    Response = acDataErrAdded
    DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tlkpContact VALUES ('" & NewData & "')"
End Sub

Mark

Quote:
> Hi Cheryl,

> While setting the Limit to List Property of my combo box
> to No lets me type in something new, it does not add the
> new thing I typed in to the table that populates that
> particular list box with options...could you help me in
> this regard?

> Thank you!
> Kim
> --
> Hello Kimberly,

> Set the Limit to List Property of your combo box to No.

> --
> Cheryl Fischer
> Law/Sys Associates
> Houston, TX

> > Hello,

> > If I have a combo box on a form and I want the user to
> be
> > able to type in a new entry on the combo box, and then
> > have that entry saved to the table that populates the
> > combo box, how do I do that?

> > Thank you!

> > Kim

> .

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:38:24 GMT

1. Adding a new entry to a table from a form's combobox

2. Newbie: Opening a form columnar format to add a new entry

3. DBCombo Box for adding a new entry

4. Adding new entry to Dial-Up networking

5. Ldap / ASP - Add new entry ?

6. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

7. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

8. Automatically adding new entries in Outlook Contact List

9. adding new records & new record

10. How to add new records in a new database

11. need to put multipe data entries in new field

12. How to send E-Mail automatic if New DB Entry