Determining Document Source
Author Message
 Determining Document Source

I need to determine a document's source with vba. I've tried the
Creator property but that doesn't work (probably because it was
designed for Macs.) It gives the same value regardless of whether I
open (or use .Display as below) a WordPerfect or Word document. Any
ideas on how to determine a document's originating program? Here is
some relevant code.

    Documents.Add
    'Use InsertFile to get around ODMA
    Set ArchiveFO = Dialogs(wdDialogInsertFile)
    With ArchiveFO
        .Name = "*.*"
        'Use Display - if doc is Word 97, don't use InsertFile
        x = .Display
        DocName$ = .Name
        DocCreatr$ = .Creator
    End With

Word's Confirm Conversion At Open feature knows a document's format so
there should be a way. Of course the code could just be looking at the
first couple of bytes of the file. Thanks for your help.

Geoff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Determine object source library

2. how to determine if a data source exists

3. determine if a data source already exists

4. Determining Users on a data source

5. How to determine input source? URGENT

6. determine source of property let

7. Multiple Recordsets how to determine source

8. Determining number of pages in a scanned document

9. Determining location of My Documents folder

10. Determine where the insertion point (cursor) is in a document

11. Determining the number of pages in a document - Word 2000

12. Determine Range within Active Document