Created Objects Don't Appear In DB Window
Author Message
 Created Objects Don't Appear In DB Window

In an Access adp, I am "CREATE"ing tables, views and
stored procedures with VBA.  Sometimes, based on the
situation, I would like have the application use one or
more of these newely created objects and the adp cannot
always find them right away.  If I go into the database
window and do a REFRESH of the particular object they
appear and I can then use then in the adp.  I can also
force them to appear by QUITing the application and then
restarting it, however, neither of these solutions is
practicle for a non-knowledgeble user.

How can I insure that newly created objects are useable
immediatly after creation?

I would consider myself a mediocre SQL and VBA person who
knows enough to get himself into trouble, such as now.
All suggestions appreciated.  Thanks

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:46:36 GMT
 Created Objects Don't Appear In DB Window
In an Access adp, I am "CREATE"ing tables, views and
stored procedures with VBA.  Sometimes, based on the
situation, I would like have the application use one or
more of these newely created objects and the adp cannot
always find them right away.  If I go into the database
window and do a REFRESH of the particular object they
appear and I can then use then in the adp.  I can also
force them to appear by QUITing the application and then
restarting it, however, neither of these solutions is
practicle for a non-knowledgeble user.

How can I insure that newly created objects are useable
immediatly after creation?

I would consider myself a mediocre SQL and VBA person who
knows enough to get himself into trouble, such as now.
All suggestions appreciated.  Thanks

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:48:03 GMT
 Created Objects Don't Appear In DB Window
Ken:

How's it going?  Long time, no hear.  Nice to see a
familiar name in the newsgroups.

I've looked everywhere for a solution for this, as well.
I'm convinced (unless someone else in this newsgroup has
something to say about it) that this is indeed a bug and
that Microsoft is aware of it.

I've tried RefreshDatabaseWindow, RepaintObject, even the
SendKeys (to call the "F5" keystroke) and that doesn't
even work.

Take a look at the Knowledge Base article "Q264975".  They
seem to agree that the refresh issue is indeed a bug.

For now, how about closing and opening the ADP "behind the
scenes" using the "Echo" on and off feature???

See ya.

Formerly TAI

Craig

Quote:

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:00:00 GMT
 Created Objects Don't Appear In DB Window
This is a known issue, but one that I am pretty sure they addressed with
Access 2002. A bug? Yes, this would be a bug.

--
MichKa

the only book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> Ken:

> How's it going?  Long time, no hear.  Nice to see a
> familiar name in the newsgroups.

> I've looked everywhere for a solution for this, as well.
> I'm convinced (unless someone else in this newsgroup has
> something to say about it) that this is indeed a bug and
> that Microsoft is aware of it.

> I've tried RefreshDatabaseWindow, RepaintObject, even the
> SendKeys (to call the "F5" keystroke) and that doesn't
> even work.

> Take a look at the Knowledge Base article "Q264975".  They
> seem to agree that the refresh issue is indeed a bug.

> For now, how about closing and opening the ADP "behind the
> scenes" using the "Echo" on and off feature???

> See ya.

> Formerly TAI

> Craig

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:44:00 GMT

1. Window Form object don't appear when viewing in browser

2. UserControl properties don't appear in Object Browser

3. Modifications don't appear in the right window

4. My projects containg toolbars don't appear Can't find COMCTL32.ocx

5. Object Properties don't see in properties Window

6. Reference datasets don't appear

7. Mystery: ADO connects to database but fields don't appear on some computers

8. Database updates don't appear...

9. Btrieve Indexes don't appear

10. Dx libraries don't appear in list.

11. TOOLTIPS DON'T APPEAR

12. I don't appear the option 'export to Word for Windows' !!!!