'System Database' property not found
Author Message
 'System Database' property not found

I want to open secured Access database using VBA code.
When I attempt to assign property to the Connection object:

myConnection.Properties("Jet OLEDB:System Database")
= "\\P12\Str\FPL.mdw"

before opening connection (myConnection.Open
connectString),

I get error 3265 'Item cannot be found in the collection
corresponding to the requested name or ordinal'

How do I fix it?
Thanks, Waldemar

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 00:47:21 GMT
 'System Database' property not found
Waldemar,

PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=C:\Temp\MyDatabase.mdb;PERSIST
SECURITY INFO=FALSE;Jet OLEDB:System database=C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT
OFFICE\OFFICE\SYSTEM.MDW

Graham R Seach
Microsoft Access MVP
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
> I want to open secured Access database using VBA code.
> When I attempt to assign property to the Connection object:

> myConnection.Properties("Jet OLEDB:System Database")
> = "\\P12\Str\FPL.mdw"

> before opening connection (myConnection.Open
> connectString),

> I get error 3265 'Item cannot be found in the collection
> corresponding to the requested name or ordinal'

> How do I fix it?
> Thanks, Waldemar

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:48:54 GMT

1. 'Physical database not found'

2. 'Physical database not found' error message

3. Can't get vb to find the system database

4. Finding 'DataSource' property at runtime

5. Runtime error '3228': Selected collating sequence not supported by the operating system

6. 'Unread' property not setting correctly

7. 'File Not Found' error

8. 'Element not found' error

9. 'Sub Main' was not found

10. vb3 jet intallation 'file not found'

11. Resource with identifier 'VERSION' not found

12. DataReport DataField '(Empty)' Not Found