send email automatically from Filemaker via MS Outlook 2000
Author Message
 send email automatically from Filemaker via MS Outlook 2000

Dear All

We are trying to send email automatically from Filemaker via MS Outlook 2000
and are getting stopped by a dialog box that requests a response asking us
if we want to allow the email to be sent.  We realise this must be a part of
the security patches that have been applied, but need to be able to bypass
this feature for this particular application.

Could you therefore advise on how we might get past this and let us know how
it can be done.

Many thanks

Yours sincerely

Paul D. Starbrook

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:30:01 GMT
 send email automatically from Filemaker via MS Outlook 2000
You're right. The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. If you are a standalone user, Outlook provides no way to suppress this behavior. However, you can use a free tool called Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to click the security dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a virus tries to send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book, it will succeed.

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server or HP OpenMail environment, you can reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

If it's an application you wrote yourself, you can use one of these approaches to redo the program:

    -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and C++ or Delphi; this is the most secure method and the only one that Microsoft recommendeds.

    -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/), a third-party COM library that wraps around Extended MAPI but parallels the Outlook Object Model

    -- Use SendKeys to "click" the buttons on the security dialogs that your application may trigger. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for a link to sample code.

    -- Program the free Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) tool to start suspended and turn it on only when your program needs to have the buttons clicked automatically.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions

Quote:

> Dear All

> We are trying to send email automatically from Filemaker via MS Outlook 2000
> and are getting stopped by a dialog box that requests a response asking us
> if we want to allow the email to be sent.  We realise this must be a part of
> the security patches that have been applied, but need to be able to bypass
> this feature for this particular application.

> Could you therefore advise on how we might get past this and let us know how
> it can be done.

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:49:31 GMT

1. re-sending emails automatically in outlook 2000

2. Sending email via Outlook from word 97/2000

3. Automatically Emailing Data from MS Access to MS Outlook

4. Automatically Emailing Data from MS Access to MS Outlook

5. Send Daily Calendar via Email automatically?

6. Executing MS SQL Server 2000 stored procs via MS Access 2000

7. How do you send Outlook 2000 email using WORD 97 VBA Macro

8. Send/Receive email automation with Outlook 2000

9. Need a program to extract email addresses from MS Outlook 2000 folders/messages

10. Delayed email send in Outlook 2000 - PLEASE HELP!

11. Automatically send email by Outlook from MSProject 2002

12. Automatically send email by Outlook 2002 from Project 2002