embedding images into the body
Author Message
 embedding images into the body
Hi, I'm needing a guide on how to programmatically place an image into a
message body of OL 98.

I want the image to appear in the body as an image, not an icon.
The image I'm trying to place there is an Excel chart.
I want to control OL thru Excel, but I'm not familiar with OL to know how to
place the image inside the message.

The way I've been doing it manually is to open a blank message, then in
Excel copy the chart, then simply paste into OL's message body.
Hey, presto! the image appears. It does look like it's some sort of OLE
object, but I don't know really.
If I try to save the chart as a jpg and then attach it to the message, then
I can only have it appear as an icon (and even then it seems to be the
entire worksheet!).

Any help most appreciated!!

Ben

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:09:55 GMT
 embedding images into the body
See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/htmlimg.htm for sample code that
should work with your .jpg file.
--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi, I'm needing a guide on how to programmatically place an image into a
> message body of OL 98.

> I want the image to appear in the body as an image, not an icon.
> The image I'm trying to place there is an Excel chart.
> I want to control OL thru Excel, but I'm not familiar with OL to know how
> place the image inside the message.

> The way I've been doing it manually is to open a blank message, then in
> Excel copy the chart, then simply paste into OL's message body.
> Hey, presto! the image appears. It does look like it's some sort of OLE
> object, but I don't know really.
> If I try to save the chart as a jpg and then attach it to the message,
then
> I can only have it appear as an icon (and even then it seems to be the
> entire worksheet!).

> Any help most appreciated!!

> Ben

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:37:56 GMT
 embedding images into the body
wow, that is some great stuff!
and quick too!
cheers, it fits in perfectly with what I'm doing.

Ben

Quote:
> See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/htmlimg.htm for sample code that
> should work with your .jpg file.
> --

> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
>      Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

> > Hi, I'm needing a guide on how to programmatically place an image into a
> > message body of OL 98.

> > I want the image to appear in the body as an image, not an icon.
> > The image I'm trying to place there is an Excel chart.
> > I want to control OL thru Excel, but I'm not familiar with OL to know
how
> > place the image inside the message.

> > The way I've been doing it manually is to open a blank message, then in
> > Excel copy the chart, then simply paste into OL's message body.
> > Hey, presto! the image appears. It does look like it's some sort of OLE
> > object, but I don't know really.
> > If I try to save the chart as a jpg and then attach it to the message,
> then
> > I can only have it appear as an icon (and even then it seems to be the
> > entire worksheet!).

> > Any help most appreciated!!

> > Ben

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 00:21:45 GMT

1. Pasting Excel range as embedded object in outlooks body

2. How can I embed object an office document into Mailitem Body

3. Embedded vbLF in message body is converted to vbCRLf

4. Help - extracting image path from embedded image field

5. paste image in body?

6. image into email's body

7. How to insert an image in the body of a vbmail object

8. clipboard image to email body using vbscript

9. clipboard image to email body

10. Powerpoint/Vba -Embedding Images In Toggle Buttons?

11. Embedding multiple images into fields

12. Embedding images into Outlook 2000