How do you retrieve a version number of a file?
Author Message
 How do you retrieve a version number of a file?

I need to use code to check the version number of msajt200.dll (for some
reason, the program I am working with only works with jet 2.0 and not
jet 2.5).  I need to verify that the user has the correct dll before
running the program.  If anyone knows how to do this, I would greatly
appreciate your help.  Please post replies to the group or send email to

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do you retrieve a version number of a file?
Hi Sharon,

 Check out this article at support.microsoft.com.

ACC2: Sample Function to Retrieve File's Date and Time Stamp
Article ID: Q124392

HTH
--
Dev Ashish    (Just my $.001)
----

:I need to use code to check the version number of msajt200.dll (for some
:reason, the program I am working with only works with jet 2.0 and not
:jet 2.5).  I need to verify that the user has the correct dll before
:running the program.  If anyone knows how to do this, I would greatly
:appreciate your help.  Please post replies to the group or send email to

:

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do you retrieve a version number of a file?
I found my own answer- please disregard this message...
Quote:

> I need to use code to check the version number of msajt200.dll (for some
> reason, the program I am working with only works with jet 2.0 and not
> jet 2.5).  I need to verify that the user has the correct dll before
> running the program.  If anyone knows how to do this, I would greatly
> appreciate your help.  Please post replies to the group or send email to

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Retrieving the version number from a file

2. Retrieving file version

3. Retrieving File Version information in VB

4. retrieving file version

5. Need help counting number of records retrieved from an Access file

6. How to retrieve compressed numbers in a file?

7. How retrieve number of file on a disk

8. File.EXE version number?

9. Reading the Version Number of a System File

10. Getting a file's version number

11. Comparing File Version Numbers?

12. Storing app version number with database file