Calculate checkbox value on a template
Author Message
 Calculate checkbox value on a template

I am working on a document (survey) that has 4 sections.
Each section has a number of questions that will be
answered using a scale from 1 to 6.  How can I assign a
value to each checkbox so that I can calculate the average
for each section?  I currently have a userform created for
each section.  The userform lists each question and a
group of checkboxes to represent 1 to 6 for each question.

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:11:09 GMT
 Calculate checkbox value on a template
Hi Amy,

You the bookmarks in such a way as to make it easier to return a value. For
example, you could name each bookmark "Section#Question#PointValue" so that
you end up with

Section4Question1Points1
Section4Question1Points2
Section4Question1Points3
Section4Question1Points4
Section4Question1Points5

Section4Question2Points1
Section4Question2Points2
Section4Question2Points3
Section4Question2Points4
Section4Question2Points5

If the checkbox is true, then the value is Right(BookmarkName, 1).

Hope this gives you an idea on how to tackle your problem.

Quote:
> I am working on a document (survey) that has 4 sections.
> Each section has a number of questions that will be
> answered using a scale from 1 to 6.  How can I assign a
> value to each checkbox so that I can calculate the average
> for each section?  I currently have a userform created for
> each section.  The userform lists each question and a
> group of checkboxes to represent 1 to 6 for each question.

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:28:40 GMT
 Calculate checkbox value on a template
Thanks Dave,

I'll give this a try!

Quote:

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:33:05 GMT

1. Checkbox value = Checkbox2 value ?

2. Calculating Checkboxes

3. calculate dropdown /checkbox fields

4. only allowing one checkbox to be checked on template

5. Checkbox on FAX Template

6. Inserting a Checkbox into a Document Template

7. Template Column and Checkbox's

8. Dynamically Added Datagrid Template Column - Checkbox.Checked state in Column Header

9. table.field value calculated based on query

10. One function to calculate four values?

11. Making a control invisible depending on calculated value in Access'97

12. Newbie Question: Getting the Values from Calculated controls into a table