Outlook Contacts - Distribution Lists
Author Message
 Outlook Contacts - Distribution Lists

Hi,

I want to process incoming mail depending on the category the sender
(as a contact) belongs to.  None of the rules in Outlook allow you to
do this however they do allow you to process rules based on the
distribution list a sender belongs to.  The solution I have is to
programatically create a Distribution List based on the categories to
which a contact belongs.  (My contact list is pretty static.)

My code scans each contact and adds them to a Dist List for each
category they blong to.  Or creates a new Dist List if one is
required.

But it only seems to work in the design time environment.  If I break
before the code is complete, go and visually inspect the Dist Lists
they contain all of the correct contacts as I would expect.  However,
when I then let the code run its natural course the Dist List's remain
but are empty of contacts!  I have tried dl.save dl.saveas and dl.copy
and most other obvious tactics but still the contacts disappear once
the code has run it course.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Shayne

PS. Please email and post response.

++++++

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:55:18 GMT

1. VB Outlook Contacts/Distribution List

2. Link between Outlook Distribution List Members and Contacts

3. Outlook VBA:Add recipient to a distribution list in the Global Addtress List

4. getting distribution list from Contacts

5. Members property of contact folder distribution lists - returns gobbledygook in lovely looking array

6. HELP please for contact from Distribution list

7. Help: Extracting Contact info from distribution list inspector

8. Distribution Lists - How to displaying individual contacts in To field

9. Distribution lists in the Contacts Folder

10. Distribution List or Contact- Identifying each in a Loop

11. Using VBA to Create a Contact Folder Distribution List from MS Access

12. adding a selected contact to a distribution list