Update Query "Not Updatable" Error
Author Message
 Update Query "Not Updatable" Error

Hi.  I am trying to insert county information using the zip code as a
reference.  I set up an update query using the DLookup function that
works and can retrieve the county, but when I try to use the expression
in an update query I get the "Not updatable Query" error message.  I
tried this in the query grid.
UpdateExprn:
IIf(IsNull([BridesTbl].[County]),DLookUp("[County]","[CountyQry]","[Zip]=
'" & [CountyQry].[Zip] & "'"),[BridesTbl].[County])

It works as a select query.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:38:21 GMT
 Update Query "Not Updatable" Error
It's hard to tell without knowing more details, but I don't think the
problem has anything to do with your expression.  The query is not
updateable because of the types of relationships between the tables in
includes, or because it includes some calculated fields.

- Steve.

Quote:
> Hi.  I am trying to insert county information using the zip code as a
> reference.  I set up an update query using the DLookup function that
> works and can retrieve the county, but when I try to use the expression
> in an update query I get the "Not updatable Query" error message.  I
> tried this in the query grid.
> UpdateExprn:
> IIf(IsNull([BridesTbl].[County]),DLookUp("[County]","[CountyQry]","[Zip]=
> '" & [CountyQry].[Zip] & "'"),[BridesTbl].[County])

> It works as a select query.

> Any ideas would be appreciated.

> Thanks

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:19:05 GMT

1. "Automation Error-Interface not registered" Error

2. .Update "Arguement not optional"

3. trap "#Error" in query

4. ADO msg "Errors occurred" after update

5. ""Declare" query

6. "Module not found" error

7. "Module not found" error

8. "Not a valid bookmark" error

9. "Project Not Found" Error

10. ODBC error - "file not found" Help

11. "On Error Resume Next" not working

12. Compile error: "Variable not defined"