Write event in a contact item....
Author Message
 Write event in a contact item....

If I programmatically change a property of a contact item will the write
event be triggered?

i.e. while the following line of code cause the write event to be fired?
Directory.Items(Index2).Userproperties("OtsUpdated").Value = "Yes"
    -J

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:10:17 GMT
 Write event in a contact item....
No. A property change triggers the PropertyChange or CustomPropertyChange
event. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/propsyntax.htm.

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> If I programmatically change a property of a contact item will the write
> event be triggered?

> i.e. while the following line of code cause the write event to be fired?
> Directory.Items(Index2).Userproperties("OtsUpdated").Value = "Yes"
>     -J

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:42:18 GMT

1. Getting reminder from contact item and writing the reminder date into userfield1

2. event after adding contact item

3. attached Contact Item on server-side becomes attached Mail Item on client-side

4. attached contact item is received as mail item

5. ItemRemove event don't fire when removing last item in items collection object

6. Transferring standard contact data from standard contact forms into contact custom forms

7. How do you write a events thats is call before the item_remove events from Outlook

8. Write events to the event log ?

9. Does anyone know how to write an event into NT Event Log

10. writing to event viewer to a new event

11. Making an Event Log Message File in VB (NOT WRITING TO THE EVENT LOG)

12. Writing events to the NT Event Log