REPORTS: Using Global Variable to re-calculate bound field
Author Message
 REPORTS: Using Global Variable to re-calculate bound field

Off the top of my head try putting your code in the Detail's ' On Format'
Event instead of the Report's 'On Open'  event.
--
Regards
Bharat Ahluwalia

Quote:
> Hello,

>    I have a financial report setup to run off a linked table
> (ODBC). The Amount field needs to be multiplied by a conversion factor
> whic I stored Globally in VBA code.

>    How do I format the textbox to do the following:

> On Report Open:
> textbox = [fieldname] * GlobalVariable

> I tried to assign it in code (using the above code) but when I do, the
> code won't recognize the field name.

> And in the textbox properties box won't recognize the global variable.

> Then I tried:

> On Report Open:
> textbox1 =  GlobalVariable

> Then in the properties box of textbox2, I tried to set the
> [textbox2].controlSource = [fieldname] * textbox1

> Is there an easy way to do this without having to generate the whole
> query in code??????

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. REPORTS: Using Global Variable to re-calculate bound field

2. Calculated Fields in a Bound DB Grid

3. Calculated field with a variable

4. Calculated field from a VB variable

5. Reports on calculated variables

6. how to show a global variable in a report

7. How to access global variable in main report from within a subreport

8. Recalculate field in table in forms

9. Recalculate a field on a data grid

10. Data Report (Calculated field problem)

11. Creating calculated field on report

12. Calculated fields in a report