dataset vs stored procedure
Author Message
 dataset vs stored procedure

I have a need to query  for a result set of a number of
rows, such as all items for a given order and put them
into my VB.NET variables.

So now I do the query into a dataset (like recordset) and
loop through them in VB.NET.  I can't see how I could do
this better with a SQL Server stored procedure. Can I
return a table type from a stored procedure that VB.NET
understands as a dataset table?

Thanks,
Deac

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 03:11:57 GMT

1. Opening an ADO recordset against a dataset returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure

2. Error creating dataset from stored procedure with temp table

3. To Stored Procedure or not to stored procedure

4. To stored procedure or not to stored procedure

5. sub report changes its source stored procedure to main report's stored procedure

6. To stored procedure or not to stored procedure

7. ado recordsets from stored procedures, stored procedures have input parameters

8. speed of stored query vs. VBA procedure

9. Stored Procedures vs. Simple Queries

10. Updatable Recordset VS an Update Store Procedure

11. ADO Methods vs Stored Procedures

12. HELP: Stored Procedures vs. rdo .Edit